GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
With the overwhelming amount of titles, I am a little tired of sifting through. I wanted a thread with suggestions that I otherwise might not find.

TRUE GRIT was awesome

X was grittier but good.

TUCKER AND DALE vs EVIL is one of my all time favorite movies

SUPERBAD is awesome

I find it is easier to sift through online. More filters available there. And, oddly enough, I have been able to find some things online that did not show in the on-tv streaming cataloge.

The on-tv screen browser is really limited.

If you have kids, we found 'Oscars Oasis' this weekend. Really nice slapstick silent (no talkies) type cartoon series. Aboput a desert Gecko in search of a drink.

Sorry, I know, not the genre you are going for here but that is all I can add in staying with the intended context.

I am pretty curious of this too. Only one I can suggest right now is 13 assassins. Japanese samurai battles at their best, i don't watch many Japanese movies but this one was cool

Best movie I've seen on Netflix streaming lately is 'Flame and Citron'. Set in occupied Denmark, two members of the Danish underground assassinate Nazis and collaborators. True story, but this is not a documentary. Very complex story, not just a bad vs good WWII story.

Lol, is thread locker a movie? Or did you think the thread would suddenly hemmorage at the mere mention of the worst piece of crap movie EVER?

Haha -- Manos: Hands of Fate is by far the worst movie ever made. Troll 2 is at least watchable and definitely quotable :mug:

"And you can't piss on hospitality! I won't allow it!"

I'll check out TUCKER AND DALE vs EVIL tonight.

Haha -- Manos: Hands of Fate is by far the worst movie ever made. Troll 2 is at least watchable and definitely quotable :mug:

Lol, I know, but Troll 2 is the WORST acting and stupidest plot imaginable. When his dead grandfather stopped time to talk to the kid, I nearly fainted. When he failed to use that inexplicable power that evidently all dead grandfathers have for the rest of the movie, I was like-wise mortified with loathing.

T and D vs Evil is incredible. I don't understand how it was so overlooked. I think the name implied slapstick or something.

I use http://instantwatcher.com to find some gems.. but its mostly turds.

Interesting.....

I actually watched T and D this weekend and frickin' loved it, but that's like my perfect genre and I knew I was going to love it from the get go.

Also check out Red State, Trollhunter, Fido, Rubber.

I actually watched T and D this weekend and frickin' loved it, but that's like my perfect genre and I knew I was going to love it from the get go.

Also check out Red State, Trollhunter, Fido, Rubber.

Lol, we are from the same genre. I started a "HORROR WIN on netflix" thread already and didn't want to limit this one since that one is pretty thorough.

:mug:

T and D vs E was the right genre, but it was so pee on my pants clever! i have never laughed so hard! And so many quoteable bits of awesomeness???

HOLY HELL!!!

X was hard to watch. I almost didn't make it past the first 15 minutes, but was glad I did.

Red state tonight!

Thanks Brother.

cheezydemon3 said:
Lol, we are from the same genre. I started a "HORROR WIN on netflix" thread already and didn't want to limit this one since that one is pretty thorough.

T and D vs E was the right genre, but it was so pee on my pants clever! i have never laughed so hard! And so many quoteable bits of awesomeness???

HOLY HELL!!!

X was hard to watch. I almost didn't make it past the first 15 minutes, but was glad I did.

Red state tonight!

Thanks Brother.

I regularly check that thread for new "streaming gold".

I put T and D up there with Shaun of the Dead, just perfect mix.

Hope you enjoy Red State, I certainly didn't expect something so good from Kevin Smith. And I have to say John Goodman has one of the best lines in the end of the film than I've ever run across in any movie.

Gave up on movies. Watch TV shows and documentaries. Got hooked on Dexter. Now we are caught up to current, but not subscribing to Showtime. Watched a documentary the other night, "How Beer Saved the World".

Good movies:
Adaptation
Kick ass
Shutter island
Being john Malkovich
Clockwork Orange
This is spinal tap
wet hot American summer
the man who wasnt there
before the devil knows your dead
from dusk till dawn
Hobo with a shotgun
the fly
the fog
Assault on precinct 13
Dutch
Big labowski
The trip
8 1/2
Super troopers
edward scissor hands
heathers
Kicking and screaming
A shot in the dark
Return of the pink panther
Ran
Chinatown
The pirates of penzance
Enter the dragon
Little shop of horrors
Funny farm
Ghostbusters
ghostbusters II
the man with one red shoe
Man on wire

I just scanned my queue and those are the standouts. I'll warn you I like a diverse group of movies. Most are comedies, some classics, some are offensive, some are musical comedies, some are grindhouse, some are docs.

Edit:
I just got off the computer and turned on the TV only to notice Drive was added to instant. This is a cool movie.

Trailerpark Boys. You won't regret it. Unless, of course, you hate Canadians and/or Rush and/or marijuana. Then you'll REALLY regret it. And you'll feel terrible about not being able to get that part of your life back.

Personal favorite episode: "Closer to the Heart"

+1 for TPB.

I've also been to see them live twice at this stage.

At the moment I am totally into Breaking Bad, maybe a bit late to the party but it's outstanding.

FYI, COSMOS:War of the Planets is the worst movie ever made.

And you can watch it in it's entirety RIGHT HERE!

Let's keep the list going though. I'd like to find a hidden or forgotten gem to share with the family.

I have little hope that you have opinions worth asking for since you failed to recommend any documentaries....

There are Movies, tv shows and documentaries on Netflix.

Instead of spouting off impotently like a 3 year old, maybe tell us which documentaries are good.

I have a bunch in my que, but never seem to pull the trigger.

Sorry 'bout that. I have watched this one over and over:

70143831.jpg

Since you scolded me, I am also going to highly recommend this:
70169918.jpg

I have little hope that you have opinions worth asking for since you failed to recommend any documentaries....

There are Movies, tv shows and documentaries on Netflix.

Instead of spouting off impotently like a 3 year old, maybe tell us which documentaries are good.

I have a bunch in my que, but never seem to pull the trigger.

i was on my phone and in a hurry. I was hoping to come back and add some stuff today when I had the chance. Well, here's my chance but I guess I'm an impotent 3 year old (who tests that anyways? gross!) I'll just sneer in your direction and offer a middle finger instead. :rolleyes:

I_aint_even_mad_493_You_mad_Bro-s485x364-193971-580.jpg

It's ok. You were just saying that I wasn't a REAL brewer, lol.

;)

Well, you don't have to watch ONLY documentaries to be a REAL brewer. I'm sure you watched a few in your life...you're probably ok:D

This was entertaining but looks like not streaming anymore:

70120207.jpg

If you're a Trekkie, there is a bunch streaming now.

Wow, looks like all space stuff...I also like the dinosaur documentaries but they seem to be dwindling as well.

I loved "The Wave". Great movie- In German with subtitles, but awesome.

Also (I know it's a kid's show) "Phineas and Ferb" is incredible.

Troll Hunter is awesome. It's a low budget film, with subtitles...I know, I know, sounds awful but it's so well done. I've watched that a couple times now.

hate u guys... i love my country, but our netflix is seriously crap..

somehow they managed to give us shutter island on netflix. i liked it.. recommend it!!!

i see a coupl others recommended it to.. suspense drama kinda movie. good for a watch

Here's my picks:

Red State (interesting horror film by Kevin Smith)
The Lincoln Lawyer (well acted thriller with Matthew McConaughey)
The Robber (foreign film about a bank robber/marathon runner)
Dead and Buried (old school horror film, early 80's)
The Hustler (classic movie with Paul Newman, great movie)
Let the Right One In (outstanding foreign film, what Twilight wished it was)

somehow they managed to give us shutter island on netflix. i liked it.. recommend it!!!

i see a coupl others recommended it to.. suspense drama kinda movie. good for a watch

WTF?? It is on the interwebs, right? Same language, why would they make a Netflix canadian? More French? You get that anyways with your likes and dislikes.....maybe without subtitles though. sorry canuck!

Here's my picks:

Red State (interesting horror film by Kevin Smith)
The Lincoln Lawyer (well acted thriller with Matthew McConaughey)
The Robber (foreign film about a bank robber/marathon runner)
Dead and Buried (old school horror film, early 80's)
The Hustler (classic movie with Paul Newman, great movie)
Let the Right One In (outstanding foreign film, what Twilight wished it was)

NICE!!!! The fact that I loved 2 of your choices means I will likely like your others.

I use BlackVPN to connect through a US IP address and I get the full US offering of stuff.

The Netflix UK/Ireland does not have anywhere near the amount of stuff the US netflix has.
I think it's down to regional release schedules, same as region coded DVD's etc, there are certain aspects that they just won't let go of in the old business models despite the new media.

Well, you don't have to watch ONLY documentaries to be a REAL brewer. I'm sure you watched a few in your life...you're probably ok:D

This was entertaining but looks like not streaming anymore:

70120207.jpg

If you're a Trekkie, there is a bunch streaming now.

Wow, looks like all space stuff...I also like the dinosaur documentaries but they seem to be dwindling as well.

It better be. I watch it once a week.

thanks for all the suggestions guys. I hate looking for movies on netflix.

My recommendations:

Restrepo (live war coverage; maybe the most emotional I've ever been watching a movie)
Breaking Bad - best tv show ever made
Big Lebowski - best movie ever made
The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia - most entertaining and effed up family on the planet

Old School movies:
Juice
Sling Blade
From Dusk Till Dawn

Back