Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Global Warming = Expensive Beer - Warning BS Alert

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #21
mr x
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort
Actually the Goracle is a religion and all bow to him now. Respected people in many countries is relative. They are the same wackos using flawed science who their elitest ways have decided through "consensus" that they are right no matter what and the debate is over. The Goracle's wacko activists seek to stifle any decenting opionon and squash scientific FACTS that go againsts their mantra and the main stream media just go right along with it. The article in the first post is a prime example. I'm sure 10 years ago, when they had a drought, they did not report that Global Warming was going cause the price of VB beer to go up. These days, the wackos look to blame everything on Global Warming. It's laughable.

George Carlin sums it up pretty well.
That rant pretty well says it all. All I can say is I like George Carlin.

This place really went to hell. Follow the OF standard stout. Bye.

Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2008, 07:39 PM   #22
richab
Recipes 

Quote:
Actually the Goracle is a religion and all bow to him now. Respected people in many countries is relative. They are the same wackos using flawed science who their elitest ways have decided through "consensus" that they are right no matter what and the debate is over. The Goracle's wacko activists seek to stifle any decenting opionon and squash scientific FACTS that go againsts their mantra and the main stream media just go right along with it. The article in the first post is a prime example. I'm sure 10 years ago, when they had a drought, they did not report that Global Warming was going cause the price of VB beer to go up. These days, the wackos look to blame everything on Global Warming. It's laughable.

George Carlin sums it up pretty well.

[youtube]ljNDbKpusT0[/youtube]
More BS, GC is arguing that the RECENT number of extinctions is "natural" and not the fault of humans....

Does you biology 101 text book look like this?

Old 04-09-2008, 07:41 PM   #23
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 254 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by richab
Again totally wrong, wow where do you get this stuff? If you are worried about politicians pushing false agendas to line their pockets you should be talking about Chaney not Gore.
Sorry, it's you do does not get it. Who's getting rich off the recent banning of the incandescent light bulb? Politicians and the few companies that make it.

What do we get? Less choice for our lighting and a much more expensive light bulb that provide substandard light that is hazardous if you break one. Plus you have jump through all sorts of hoops when you want to through one away. Oh yeah, make sure when you turn one on to leave it on for 30 minutes or that 7 year life span is considerably shorter.

I'll stick to my 25 cent incandescent bulbs that turn on and off without problems and don't require OSHA to monitor the changing of one burnt out.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:43 PM   #24
mr x
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by niquejim
IAt the rate technology is advancing someone will come up with something before we completly destoy ourselves, we always have.
No we haven't. If you think technology can bail you out, you're insane. Virtual polar bears aren't of much interest to me.

I suggest you read a book detailing the end of many societies over the last few centuries. One good read is Collapse! by Jared Diamond.

http://www.newyorker.com/archive/200...0103crbo_books

Old 04-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #25
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

EdWort-

If anyone really wanted to improve things they would get back into nuclear power production.

Google pebble bed reactors.

Cheap, efficient and non polluting

Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 04-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #26
Uncle Fat
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, Carlin does have a good point in saying: "The planet will shake us off like a bad case of fleas". The earth will survive whatever turmoil we wreak upon it. We may not.

Besides, when it comes to "facts", I'd rather believe the evidence presented by the VAST majority of climatologists (y'know, people who actually study this kind of thing) than the ramblings of corporate shills, pundit-media and yes... even George Carlin.

Our beverage that art in kegs,
Hallowed be thy tap,
With thee supplied, we will imbibe,
At home as we do in the public house.
Give us this day our liquid bread
And forgive us our spills
As we forgive those who spill upon us.
Lead us not unto hangovers
But deliver us from overindulgence.
Ahh Malt.

Buy a man a beer and he wastes an hour. Teach a man to brew and he wastes a lifetime.
-annonymous

Last edited by Uncle Fat; 04-09-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #27
richab
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by niquejim

As to the second point

I can't find the article, I think it was in Popular Science about 30 years ago. There was a large group that wanted to cover the poles with soot to make them melt faster to stop the impending Ice Age. I guess that they were not entirely correct on that, as I feel, they are not entirely correct today. At the rate technology is advancing someone will come up with something before we completly destoy ourselves, we always have.
We always have???? So we have gone through this before? WTF are you talking about

Also you are confusing guys with lab coats and scientists, Ralph Keeling and Roger Revelle were worried about climate change 50+ years ago, 30 years ago predictions were being made that have proven to BE TRUE and now every main stream scientist fully understands and thinks about global climate change.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:45 PM   #28
mr x
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Sorry, it's you do does not get it. Who's getting rich off the recent banning of the incandescent light bulb? Politicians and the few companies that make it.

What do we get? Less choice for our lighting and a much more expensive light bulb that provide substandard light that is hazardous if you break one. Plus you have jump through all sorts of hoops when you want to through one away. Oh yeah, make sure when you turn one on to leave it on for 30 minutes or that 7 year life span is considerably shorter.

I'll stick to my 25 cent incandescent bulbs that turn on and off without problems and don't require OSHA to monitor the changing of one burnt out.
You're hard core brother, I'll give you that.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #29
mr x
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Fat
The earth will survive whatever turmoil we wreak upon it. We may not.
Absolutely. It's adapt or die.

Old 04-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #30
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by richab
More BS, GC is arguing that the RECENT number of extinctions is "natural" and not the fault of humans....

Does you biology 101 text book look like this?
I am pretty sure that the number of species actually alive today is MUCH less than what has walked/crawled/swam on the earth before.... And GC's figgure of 90% isn't too far off... of course this is comming from my brief work as an evolutionary biologist, since I don't do that anymore, what do I know?

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte
“An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.” - Ernest Hemingway

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator

Closed Thread

Quick Reply