Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Girlfriend hides everything (need advice)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-22-2012, 11:21 PM   #101
nasty_rabbit
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 100 Times on 67 Posts

I have read this thread in its entirety and feel as if I am watching Animal House when Bluto rants about “OOOH Bluto I’m too sacred to do what is obvious (paraphrasing}”. Either Suck it up and live with it or pull up your panties and get out.

Old 05-22-2012, 11:53 PM   #102
Hugh_Jass
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

If you have told her and she continues, either she doesnt care about you or doesnt respect you. Playing hide and seek with her new book will do little to change that.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #103
IXVolt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 76

If you move out, you have to come to terms with only be taking 60% of your stuff.

Good luck finding the rest.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:09 AM   #104
rjsnau
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

To the OP:
If you are really serious about a future with this girl why don't you try moving into an apartment for s year together and rent out her place (or just leave it empty if you can swing it or if there is no mortgage). Then you have a place that is both of yours and you can see if it gets any better. I know many times this is not reasonable but just a suggestion if it is an option for you. It would give you your answer if it is just bc it is her place she has lived in forever.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 AM   #105
oakbarn
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 26

PW. SHMBO and not even married.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:50 AM   #106
Zamial
Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oakbarn View Post
PW. SHMBO and not even married.
She Hides Mostly By Obsession?

She Hides My Beloved Objects?

Old 05-23-2012, 01:07 AM   #107
govner1
Raconteur
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 232 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Gtfu!

Old 05-23-2012, 01:56 AM   #108
Sacdan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

TLDNR. I have skipped to the last page of this thread. Sorry for not reading pages 2-12. I have a simlar issue with my wife. I can be outside working on something, set down a wrench, grab for it 30 seconds later, and its gone. My wife is extremely organized to the point of being anal. She has good intentions, but it drives me me crazy. I get frustrated easily. So, I just asked her to stop moving my stuff without telling me. If she wants to organize, fine. Just tell me. She still does it. I just keep reminding her.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 AM   #109
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2689 Times on 2087 Posts
Likes Given: 339

As I read through this thread, it occurred to me that you are a lot like a guy I work with. He is constantly coming to me looking for things because he easily gives up when it comes to finding something. I think when he looks for an object, he doesn't have a mental picture of what he is looking for. The Saran Wrap was in the OTHER drawer? How hard did you really look for it before you just gave up looking?
You've already stated that the place is tiny. How about you put a little effort into getting the lay of the land, instead of whining on the Internet about it. You sound lazy. If this is the case you are probably not going to move out, but will likely do things to irritate her until she THROWS you out. This is probably going to be coming soon, since she sounds to be a capable woman who can fend for herself. Maybe tonight, when she wants to read her book. The good news though is that there is only the one nightstand in the motel room you'll be staying in, and everything will be very easy to find.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:46 AM   #110
mcarb
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
As I read through this thread, it occurred to me that you are a lot like a guy I work with. He is constantly coming to me looking for things because he easily gives up when it comes to finding something. I think when he looks for an object, he doesn't have a mental picture of what he is looking for. The Saran Wrap was in the OTHER drawer? How hard did you really look for it before you just gave up looking?
You've already stated that the place is tiny. How about you put a little effort into getting the lay of the land, instead of whining on the Internet about it. You sound lazy. If this is the case you are probably not going to move out, but will likely do things to irritate her until she THROWS you out. This is probably going to be coming soon, since she sounds to be a capable woman who can fend for herself. Maybe tonight, when she wants to read her book. The good news though is that there is only the one nightstand in the motel room you'll be staying in, and everything will be very easy to find.

Wow, jump to conclusions much?

The saran wrap was not in the other drawer, it was up on a shelf in a cabinet where tools and whatnot are usually kept. On the other side of the kitchen in a place where not one single kitchen related item exists. That would be like your SWMBO placing your brewing equipment on the roof and you "not looking hard enough". In this case, I looked for quite a while. In fact, it was several weeks before I discovered. Her response was actually kind of sheepish on that one.

But hey, believe what you want. I'm out. Thanks to those with thoughtful advice. To those of you who feel it this is your chance to cut a guy down, have at it. It seems to be the same group that never misses a chance.

Primary: Flanders Brown Ale, Pliny the Rye
Secondary: Prickly Pear Sour Pale, Cranberry Mead
In Bottle: Choco Chili Porter, Dyslexia Beglian Tripel
On Tap: Haus Pale Ale, Irish Red, Eggnog Stout,

Quick Reply