Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Gas!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2008, 03:29 PM   #21
Laurel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

$3.75 yesterday for premium at Costco. I can't complain. I'd rather drive a fun car and pay a little more for gas than drive a boring car and hate every second of driving.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #22
Philip1993
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperiorBrew
Notice how prices are divided on legal boundaries? Thank your states and counties for the gas taxes they add to each gallon.

Old 04-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #23
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Quote:
$3.75 yesterday for premium at Costco. I can't complain. I'd rather drive a fun car and pay a little more for gas than drive a boring car and hate every second of driving.
Thats why I got my bike- Saves me 2-3000 a year on gas.
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 04-17-2008, 03:54 PM   #24
TwoHeadsBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanh1801
Ill never complain about oil prices. What we pay is not bad at all, compared to other parts of the world. People that complain about prices should see how much it cost to drill a well. Not including the fact that if a dry hole is drilled how much a oil company loses.
Pardon me if I don't feel bad for the oil companies when the drill and get a dry hole (so many jokes here). However, the major oil companies have posted billions in profits while normal people foot the bill. I don't see why the gov't will fix the price of corn and milk, but not that of gas at the pump. If there is anything central to the US economy it's oil.

Don't get me wrong, I don't oppose someone making a profit if they run their business well. However, when they are consistently posting profits in the BILLIONS it may be time for some regulation.

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff

Old 04-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #25
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Quote:
they are consistently posting profits in the BILLIONS it may be time for some regulation
Each quarter and in record numbers.
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 04-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #26
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeadsBrewing
Don't get me wrong, I don't oppose someone making a profit if they run their business well. However, when they are consistently posting profits in the BILLIONS it may be time for some regulation.
Why? Everyone wants to point fingers, but would it make any difference to you directly if they were making profits in the tens of thousands instead of the billions, and gas was still $3.50/gallon? No. The fact that they make thousands or billions is irrelevant to whether or not it sucks to pay $3.50 for a gallon of gas.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 04-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #27
TwoHeadsBrewing
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
Why? Everyone wants to point fingers, but would it make any difference to you directly if they were making profits in the tens of thousands instead of the billions, and gas was still $3.50/gallon? No. The fact that they make thousands or billions is irrelevant to whether or not it sucks to pay $3.50 for a gallon of gas.
Why? Because higher oil prices lead to higher prices of everything in our economy, not just gas. This makes the price of their product an issue of national security by way of economic health. For me, I don't care if the price of gas hits $8.00/gal...I'll still buy it because I can afford it. However, for people with low paying jobs who HAVE to pay big at the pump it's a big issue. Should we allow big business to threaten the stability of the lower and middle classes becuase they want to make BILLIONS? IMHO, oil is a special product and requires special regulation.

Fermenting: ESB
Kegged: Extra IPA, Brown Ale, American Wheat, Blackheart Stout
Coming Up: Dunkleweizen, 3C Pale Ale

DIY Fermentation Chamber
More Brew Stuff

Old 04-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #28
RICLARK

Recipes 

I really dont care about the gas prices, I wouldn't want to be payed less for doing the same job I do just because there was a higher demand for me. Plus a dollar or more of the gasoline prices go to State and federal government through tax so thank them for the high prices.

Kegged/Bottled: Boston Lager Clone, Crimson Ale, Guiness Draught Clone, Kilt Warmer Scotch Ale, BBB Blonde Ale, Oberon Clone Pt. 1,000

Do I Look Like A Man.....With A Plan??

Local Home Brew Store

www.theredsalamander.com

Old 04-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #29
springer

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts

Record profits yes but in relation to their margins they are the same. Oil companies work at 8-10 percent profit margin has been this way for decades. Their recent profits have been bolstered by the price of the oil they produce. Speculators are the main reason that oil is so high just google the Enron loophole. Enron still is screwing everyone.

Just do the math 50 $ barrel =$5 pr 100 = 10$

I paid 4.499 for diesel on Monday . $139.50 to fill my truck needless to say I am riding the Harley more this summer.

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'- Ronald Reagan

Old 04-17-2008, 08:19 PM   #30
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

3.23 on the Res.

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Quick Reply