Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Fun Story

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #21
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2726 Times on 1634 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyS View Post
Sorry, I did read the original post. I didn't mean to sound rude or anything but it's crazy there's been so many in such a little time about pretty much the same thing. Sorry just an observation that might not have been worded right.
It does get annoying, BUT it happens all the time on here...Basically anytime something about beer or homebrewing gets written up in the mainstream press, we get a flood of threads.

The funny thing is, usually, we've usually talked about it at least a week or more before the flood of threads...or in this case years....

The first thread on here about it was in the first months after the election...and it resurfaces every 6 months or so, when another news outlet discovers this....

You have to realize that if you're seeing something beer related in the POPULAR press, that more than likely it first appeared in the brewing related press a few days or even weeks earlier, and since we have a lot of hardcore beer geeks on here, many of us subscribe to or tweet with one or more industry related outlets, the same ones that usually sent out the press release that the reporter who you just read about it from, read. And more than likely we've already played the discussion out before it hit the mainstream media.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2012, 05:11 PM   #22
WesleyS
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2660 Times on 1732 Posts
Likes Given: 359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy

It does get annoying, BUT it happens all the time on here...Basically anytime something about beer or homebrewing gets written up in the mainstream press, we get a flood of threads.

The funny thing is, usually, we've usually talked about it at least a week or more before the flood of threads...or in this case years....

The first thread on here about it was in the first months after the election...and it resurfaces every 6 months or so, when another news outlet discovers this....

You have to realize that if you're seeing something beer related in the POPULAR press, that more than likely it first appeared in the brewing related press a few days or even weeks earlier, and since we have a lot of hardcore beer geeks on here, many of us subscribe to or tweet with one or more industry related outlets, the same ones that usually sent out the press release that the reporter who you just read about it from, read. And more than likely we've already played the discussion out before it hit the mainstream media.
Yeah it was just a little annoying seeing so many new threads about the same thing, all of which acting like its brand new information. I probably should've posted my complaint in one of the other threads because at least this one has a connection with someone on HBT, but maybe there needs to be a banner at the top of the page that says: Before posting, YES, we all know they brew beer at the white house!

Long story short, Beer.

Revvy Likes This 
Old 08-15-2012, 07:11 PM   #23
m_c_zero
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 186

I'm tired of hearing about how you guys are tired of seeing the same threads over and over, how about that?

Quick Reply