Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Flying Dogs..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2005, 05:39 PM   #31
drengel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

sudster- are you just heade to the denver/boulder/fort collins area, or will you go all over the state? BTW flying dog is in denver, not aspen. and i dont believe there is any breweries in aspen or the area, used to be one in bonedale but its long gone, so dont bother with that part of the state, the nearest breweries to aspen are all by grand junction/palisade. if youre going to front range area i'd check out wynkoops, breckenridge brewery (which is in denver not breck), flying dog, new belgium, odells, oskar blues, left hand, all the boulder area brewpubs like walnut street, mountain sun, boulder brewing, avery for sure, and theres a new artisan brewery focusing on extremely high quality belgian beers in boulder but i cant remember the name, i know it is a number though, like '23' or something like that...if youre interested in going to summit county then go to backcountry brewery, or at least pick up a bomber in the liquor store wherever you are, i've had each of thier beers once and remembered liking them all, of course sometimes my memory fails me like with this 'alien amber' stuff i picked up in New Mexico last week over the holidays that i haqd at a brew fest last year and remembered being awesome, but picked up a six pack and it is one of the worst amber ales ive ever had. so have fun in denver, be safe, do a quick search and you'll probably come up with some more places to tour, i guess how many you do depends on time. oh yeah one more... fortcollins brewing- their chocolate stout is great, so is their irish red, and the pomegranate wheat is...well...its interesting...you should try a taster of it if you go there or find a pub with it on tap. have fun

edit- also try sandlot brewery at coors field...real good stuff and a winner at this years GABF for best small or medium sized brewery in America. and if youre headed through other parts of the state let me know and i can recomend more in the southwest/western slope areas.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2005, 12:01 AM   #32
Sir Sudster

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

drengle, right now it looks like there are enough places to hit in just the Denver/Boulder/Fort collins areas.
Great input, I really do appreciate you guys going to the trouble here. I am just in the planning stage of this trip .

I suspect we'll hit the Denver/Boulder/Ft. Collins areas first.
If we survive that we might head somewhere else but have yet to decide where.

I do know that I want to talk to the head brewer at Flying Dogs.

We are planning a week trip and will drive up from Texas. One day up and one day back should give us 5 days of fun.

Again, thanks for the input.

Old 12-02-2005, 11:15 AM   #33
The Happy Mug

Recipes 

Flying dog is in Denver? Are you sure? I could swear they were in Aspen. Then again, I've been wrong a lot lately.

Allergy Warning: This post was made by a person who may be nuts

From the store: Nothing right now, how sad
Up Next: Thinking about an amber rye
Secondary: "Not as Pale as Death" pale ale (since april, man I hate bottling.)
In bottles: Lager than Life Beer, Rocky Raccoon Honey Lager, A nameless Imperial Stout (my first AG!)

Old 12-02-2005, 03:08 PM   #34
drengel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

yeah theyre on blake street (i think) in denver. i think the cost of property in aspen inhibits the possibility of a brewery being there. their loss huh.

Old 02-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #35
Orpheus

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

Way to revive a dead thread, but the local beverage store just started stocking their twelve pack sampler.

I liked their Pale Ale as well, but I find the artwork rather confusing. It takes me a few seconds to find what kind of beer I'm drinking because all the labels are similar and the actual name of the beer is sometimes hard to find.

Old 02-11-2007, 03:11 AM   #36
nikkimac1027

Recipes 

Flying Dog is actually one of the ones that i do have available here in Central Florida. I love IPAs, however their IPA sucks, and their Pale Ale is much better, though if you want their best brew- Try their Gonzo Imperial Porter, millions of times better.

I got a six pack (Pale Ale) in Miss. a month back that was bad though. metallic tasting. so disappointed.

Double the Bastard, Bastard the Double.

Quick Reply