Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Firefox 3

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2008, 03:00 PM   #11
wihophead
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post

Page loading seems slower to me, and I hate how the history now comes up as a seperate window and doesn't seem to list the visit by days....
It seems to be loading very quickly and as far as your history just click view > sidebar > history
That is, if that is what you are looking for. Then to view the dates click the view drop down menu in the top right of the side bar and select by date.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #12
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

well, I just installed it. Mem usage seems way down, which is awesome, but I just saw my first ad in a very long time and now I'm pissed. Adblock isn't compatible yet. grrr.

n/m...it just wouldn't automatically update. I found the new compatible version at mozilla.com. Crisis averted!

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Old 06-18-2008, 03:16 PM   #13
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymike1 View Post
Well I'm running the beta at home, I can't get it here at work...stupid firewalls. I'm really digging it. My SWMBO hates firefox, and I don't know why. I love how I can make my homepage everything I need to know at a glance. For her it's more of the apperiance then anything I guess. BUt I'm loving it!
Simply opening a browser window tells me everything I need to know about why it's better (firefox in general I mean). It just opens and loads my homepage. Open an IE window and get hourglass, hard drive makes noise, clickity clickity, popup blocked x3. can't imagine why she's so attached.
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 06-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #14
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan! View Post
well, I just installed it. Mem usage seems way down, which is awesome, but I just saw my first ad in a very long time and now I'm pissed. Adblock isn't compatible yet. grrr.

n/m...it just wouldn't automatically update. I found the new compatible version at mozilla.com. Crisis averted!
Funny...when mine was updated it just said that my version of adblock wasn't compatible, then it asked if I wanted firefox installer to find a working version, I clicked yes, and it did.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #15
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2767 Times on 1657 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by wihophead View Post
...and as far as your history just click view > sidebar > history
That is, if that is what you are looking for. Then to view the dates click the view drop down menu in the top right of the side bar and select by date.
Thanks, I'll play around with it when I get home tonight. I just figured I was missing something.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-18-2008, 03:42 PM   #16
Liquidicem
I love lamp!

Recipes 

I'm working through setting everything up right now. Looks good so far.

Don't poop in your fermenter when the lid is off and you'll be fine.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:22 PM   #17
TheJadedDog
AFK ATM

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I'm running it and liking it so far (other than my prefered theme and favorite extension not being compatible so far). The reduced mem usage is really what drove me to upgrade since I am often running several applications at once.

On Tap: Nadda
Primary: Nadda
Planning: Extra Special Bitter

Old 06-18-2008, 04:24 PM   #18
bradsul
Flyfisherman/brewer

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I really like it except one of my XP machines is still having memory issues. FF immediately jumps to ~76MB and stays there. My linux machines are cruising along fine.

Projects: Sylvania Kegerator Conversion, Tower Cooling, Grain Milling Station

Quick Reply