Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Fantasy Football

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 08:02 PM   #1
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dataz722's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Middletown, De
Posts: 35,785
Liked 2991 Times on 2945 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default Fantasy Football

I know a lot of people on here play fantasy football so I just thought I would make a spot for general talk about it.




I'll start it off.

Should I start Matt Ryan vs Mia or Joe Flacco vs KC? I am leaning towards Joe.

And who else just went and picked up Quinn just to have him on the bench?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Sorry, I am sworn as a mod to disagree with the above statement. But as a rational person, I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong
dataz722 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2009, 08:08 PM   #2
schweaty
Doe Re Mi Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
schweaty's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Glass City
Posts: 1,951
Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
And who else just went and picked up Quinn just to have him on the bench?
Cleveland Browns' Derek Anderson, Brady Quinn told who will start, Eric Mangini says - ESPN

And I would go with Flacco.
schweaty is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
rsmith179
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 973
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Go with Matt Ryan all the way. I'm giving him at least two TDs against Miami's def. Quinn would for sure be a good pickup... don't expect MUCH from him, but he'll be a good secondary QB for byes.

__________________

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

rsmith179 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dataz722's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Middletown, De
Posts: 35,785
Liked 2991 Times on 2945 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

I am planning on just holding onto quinn. I have a feeling that he could blow up this season.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Sorry, I am sworn as a mod to disagree with the above statement. But as a rational person, I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong
dataz722 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
hal2814
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Commerce, GA
Posts: 563
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Don't let you fanhood cloud your judgement. Ryan is the safer start. He might not be a better QB but he has more tools to work with and neither opponent is a defensive juggernaut.

Anyone have info on my all-basket-case players?
Is Brandon Marshall playing this week?
Has TO played at all this preseason?
Has Westbrook played?

And before anyone snickers, I got good enough deals on these guys that they don't have to pan out.

__________________
hal2814 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #6
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dataz722's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Middletown, De
Posts: 35,785
Liked 2991 Times on 2945 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
Don't let you fanhood cloud your judgement. Ryan is the safer start. He might not be a better QB but he has more tools to work with and neither opponent is a defensive juggernaut.

Anyone have info on my all-basket-case players?
Is Brandon Marshall playing this week?
Has TO played at all this preseason?
Has Westbrook played?
Yes, yes, and I don't think so.

But I am not a homer at all and don't make decisions based on my team at all with the only exception being I know what they are capable or not capable of more than more other players. I was making my decision based solely on the other team. The cheifs D is poop! and mia will have a decent pass rush and ok coverage.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Sorry, I am sworn as a mod to disagree with the above statement. But as a rational person, I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong
dataz722 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2009, 08:36 PM   #7
schweaty
Doe Re Mi Beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
schweaty's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Glass City
Posts: 1,951
Liked 35 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default

Quote:
Anyone have info on my all-basket-case players?
Is Brandon Marshall playing this week?
Has TO played at all this preseason?
Has Westbrook played?
Yes, they reactivated him and I can almost guarantee he will start.
First and Last Game but he's already dissing his new team publically. Hates the hurry up offense idea.
No, but they say he is ready to go.

WTF did you try to draft all the injured and disfunctional players you could? Let me guess you drafted Michael Vick and Shawn Merriman too
__________________
Spent Grain Dog Treats
My Brewery Build
schweaty is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #8
hal2814
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Commerce, GA
Posts: 563
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
Yes, yes, and I don't think so.

But I am not a homer at all and don't make decisions based on my team at all with the only exception being I know what they are capable or not capable of more than more other players. I was making my decision based solely on the other team. The cheifs D is poop! and mia will have a decent pass rush and ok coverage.
Sorry, things come off harsher online than I expect them to. I just know in the general sense we tend to think higher of players we see play often. Didn't mean to label you an out-and-out homer. Personally, I like to draft players I hate. Helps me make decisions better.
__________________
hal2814 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 PM   #9
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
dataz722's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Middletown, De
Posts: 35,785
Liked 2991 Times on 2945 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal2814 View Post
Sorry, things come off harsher online than I expect them to. I just know in the general sense we tend to think higher of players we see play often. Didn't mean to label you an out-and-out homer. Personally, I like to draft players I hate. Helps me make decisions better.
Its cool. You really can't offend me. I am a huge die hard ravens fan but I have more steelers players on my fantasy teams than ravens.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Sorry, I am sworn as a mod to disagree with the above statement. But as a rational person, I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong
dataz722 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2009, 08:52 PM   #10
hal2814
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Commerce, GA
Posts: 563
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweaty View Post
Yes, they reactivated him and I can almost guarantee he will start.
First and Last Game but he's already dissing his new team publically. Hates the hurry up offense idea.
No, but they say he is ready to go.

WTF did you try to draft all the injured and disfunctional players you could? Let me guess you drafted Michael Vick and Shawn Merriman too
I do have Michael Vick! Round 17. We usually take a fluff pick at 17 in my league. It was either him or George Wrighster. They're gone by week 1 when we figure out all the great players nobody picked up.

As far as dysfunction, Westbrook fell to round 5 in a 10-team league. I picked him up 41st overall. TO went round 6 (60th). Marshall fell to round 10 (100th). The other teams in my league are scared to death of players with issues. At some point you just have to take a chance.
__________________
hal2814 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fantasy football anyone? Dude General Chit Chat 1414 09-06-2011 11:14 PM
Fantasy Football enohcs General Chit Chat 7 09-24-2008 06:18 PM
Facebook Fantasy Football Matt_D General Chit Chat 0 08-19-2008 02:48 PM