Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Famous Folks from School

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #11
Ryanh1801
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Went to school with and played Football with Cedric Benson, he now plays for the bears. Let me tell you a real class act.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-15-2007, 04:55 PM   #12
Mutilated1
Beer Drenched Executioner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I used to date Missi Pyle when she was in high school. She was a year ahead of my younger brother at Germantown High School.

I know a few other people who were somewhat famous, but the only one I remember going to school with was Penny Hardaway he was in a few of my classes when I went to Memphis State.

John Elway of the Denver Broncos used to live right down the street from me during the off season, didn't go to school with him but whatever.

Todd Jones of the Detroit Tigers lives somewhere in my town during the baseball off season. His daughter is in my son's class at school.

Seems like there were some other athletes from my high school that were either a couple years ahead or a couple years behind that went on to turn pro, but I can't remember who they might be at the moment.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:17 PM   #13
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

Never got to meet any of em, but a friend of mine is friends with the SNL type crowd from the 70's. Steve Martin, Martin Short, Lorren Michaels. Got to hear steves voice on her answering machine once though! lol.

Old 08-15-2007, 05:22 PM   #14
TheJadedDog
AFK ATM

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

If being one of the talking heads on VH1 I love the 90s series counts, there is this comedian / actor named Chris Wilde (really his name is Chris Knoll) that I went to college with. He's had some bit parts in a few movies and has been in some ads as well. For a while Comedy Central had a show called Late Night with Chris Wilde. Not sure any of that really counts as famous, but it's as close as I get.

On Tap: Nadda
Primary: Nadda
Planning: Extra Special Bitter

Old 08-15-2007, 08:36 PM   #15
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanh1801
Went to school with and played Football with Cedric Benson, he now plays for the beers. Let me tell you a real class act.
Really? I would have guessed as much. Interesting.

Several famous people graduated from my high school, but the only one that was there at the same time as me was news goose Paula Zahn. She was our homecoming queen my freshman year (her senior year). Didn’t know her personally, but I had a math class with her sister Leslie, who is my age. My sister was there during the same time as Sean Payton, head coach of the New Orleans Saints.

The only other remotely famous person in my graduating class was Miss Illinois, 1981, Leslie Renfrow. She was eliminated early in the Miss USA pageant that year and went on to have forgettable bit parts in a couple of movies. One, I was told, featured her topless, screaming at some bogeyman character.

I went to college with columnist and film critic Richard Roeper.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:44 PM   #16
c.n.budz

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 18 Posts

I forgot my obvious one... I went to Uconn during the time Ray Allen and Rip Hamilton(both NBA players) were there. They came to a few parties that my roommates and I had. Ray Allen seemed nice enough, Hamilton thought pretty highly of himself so wasn't very friendly...

Always do sober what you do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. -Ernest Hemingway

Old 08-15-2007, 09:09 PM   #17
FatMonsters
Recipes 

No one famous from my high school. But I did go to college at the same time as Donovan McNabb. We were not in any classes together, but saw him on campus.

The Baldwins were from Camillus, NY where I live now. They went to a dfferent high school than me...and they were older than me...

Richard Gere and Tom Cruise at some point were living in the Syracuse area. Never went to school with them either...

Old 08-15-2007, 09:57 PM   #18
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart

Recipes 

Liked 120 Times on 52 Posts

No famous classmates, but my fist cousin is Jonathon Brandmeier, a radio personality in the Chicago area (on the Loop). Haven't seen him in prolly 20 years, not even when his dad (my uncle) died. He was in AZ at the time and couldn't fly home for medical reasons.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #19
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer
... my fist cousin is Jonathon Brandmeier...
Cool! I listen to him on my drive to work every morning. That must also mean you're related to Tony Shalhoub, b/c Brandmeier claims they are cousins!

Old 08-15-2007, 11:17 PM   #20
Scorching Sugar
Recipes 

My High School produced Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch, Jim Otto and Jeff Dellenbach, super bowl rings for Jim and Jeff and Dellenbach had a role in Ace Ventura Pet Detective. Funny thing about it is that I had a movie making class with Dellenbach in High School. The other two were before my time.

Played High School hockey against Craig Ludwig of the Canadiens and Stars, and Mark Johnson, USA Gold medal team.

Played College hockey with Chris Chelios, Bruce Driver, Pat Flatley, Mike Richter, Jimmy Johannson, Brian Mullen, Tony Granato and so may others that came from the title years. I can't complain about never really getting to play. But, I could kick their ass in pool though.

Even took shots from Brian Engblom, the hockey announcer, during a hockey camp. Bastard was cranking slapshots on me when I was only 14.

And ofcourse there's "Badger" Bob Johnson and Jeff Sauer, both Coaches.

And, as some of you may know, some of these guys are famous now...Hall-a-famers to be.

Drink much?...Why, no...spill most of it.

Quick Reply