Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > F*** Brewers Coop

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
CATFISHER74
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default F*** Brewers Coop

Went there today to get some bottles it was a 2 hour ordeal to find the place!!
There web site has the wrong addressee it will get you in the neighborhood but not there.So i drive all around the neighborhood looking for it cant find it.
After hour and a half looking notice a two brothers truck half on the side of the building but no signs on the place.
Well i walk and have to go get someone to open the coop and i say you really need a sign on the place because the web site addressee is wrong so they say we like to be hiding OK funny HAHA
So they open the place ten minutes later and say i need some 22oz bottles sorry we only have 12 oz i say really you catalog says you have 22 and all other kinds got no response to that.
Never again this store is empty even thou there catalog shows a fully stocked store then not even a sorry about that these people could care less about there business!

I wish it were winter so we could freeze it into ice blocks and skate on it and melt it in the spring time and drink it!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
CATFISHER74
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Well its off to the home brew shop in St.Charles today where i should have gone in the first place.

I wish it were winter so we could freeze it into ice blocks and skate on it and melt it in the spring time and drink it!

Old 04-16-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Domminigan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I tried hitting two listed homebrew shops in Joplin, MO a few months ago. Both were located in someone's house and both were out of business.

"For beer, that's not what 'import' means. For beer, import just means better."

Old 04-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #4
drunkatuw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I went to the Two Brother's Brewery when I was visiting family in Naperville and had no problem finding the place at all. I typed the address into my GPS and it took me right there. The huge grain silo should give it away.

I was a little disappointed in the Brewer's Coop though, they didn't seem to have much in stock. And since they have a grain silo instead of buying 50# sacks, there is no chance to get a discount on bulk grains.

Secondary:
On Deck: Lake Walk Pale Ale, BCB IPA

Old 04-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I've been there and they were nice enough. I didn't have any issues finding the place, their website says they are connected to the Two Brother's Brewery. They had some stuff but not as nice as the homebrew shop in St. Charles. I was hoping for sweet deals on bulk grain but as mentioned they don't buy by the sack as far as I can tell. They do have bulk grain but not at a wonderful price.

They do have the wrong address on their website
The Brewer's Coop Homebrew Shop
but the right address is on the Two Brothers Brewing page
Home

Looks like they need some web help. I wrote them an email about their address issue. It would be nice if they had a sign, I found the place by address# and seeing the truck/silos.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 04-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #6
srm775
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATFISHER74 View Post
Went there today to get some bottles it was a 2 hour ordeal to find the place!!
There web site has the wrong addressee it will get you in the neighborhood but not there.So i drive all around the neighborhood looking for it cant find it.
After hour and a half looking notice a two brothers truck half on the side of the building but no signs on the place.
Well i walk and have to go get someone to open the coop and i say you really need a sign on the place because the web site addressee is wrong so they say we like to be hiding OK funny HAHA
So they open the place ten minutes later and say i need some 22oz bottles sorry we only have 12 oz i say really you catalog says you have 22 and all other kinds got no response to that.
Never again this store is empty even thou there catalog shows a fully stocked store then not even a sorry about that these people could care less about there business!
Don't bother with the Coop. Unless it's something super easy, like an 1lb of DME or something standard, or it's really convenient (like you work next door or pass it on the way home everyday). Their stock is greatly diminished and, quite frankly, the Coop is more of an "after thought" for them. The focus of their business has dramatically changed from being a homebrew store with a little brewery, to being a brewery/bar with a restaurant with a homebrew store on the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkatuw View Post
I was a little disappointed in the Brewer's Coop though, they didn't seem to have much in stock. And since they have a grain silo instead of buying 50# sacks, there is no chance to get a discount on bulk grains.
Like I said above, don't expect too much in terms of stock. But, you can get 55lbs sacks of grain from there. I believe they're about $41-$43 per bag, and it's Rahr two-row. It's not a bad two-row and has good conversion properties. It's not overly sweet or malty malt, but will do fine for most brews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conpewter View Post
I've been there and they were nice enough. I didn't have any issues finding the place, their website says they are connected to the Two Brother's Brewery. They had some stuff but not as nice as the homebrew shop in St. Charles. I was hoping for sweet deals on bulk grain but as mentioned they don't buy by the sack as far as I can tell. They do have bulk grain but not at a wonderful price.
The Homebrew Shop in St. Charles is nice and Ed that runs it is a really nice guy. If it's convenient, I would tend to go there. If you're looking for bulk grain deals, buy from mid-country malt ... best deal you'll find, especially for us in the Chicago area.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm775 View Post
The Homebrew Shop in St. Charles is nice and Ed that runs it is a really nice guy. If it's convenient, I would tend to go there. If you're looking for bulk grain deals, buy from mid-country malt ... best deal you'll find, especially for us in the Chicago area.
I actually buy from Brew and Grow and it is an OK price (I think $38 for a 55lb bag of canadian 2-row plus taxes last time I was there). Anyway I think Mid-country malt is in the south suburbs right? That would be a bit of a drive for me, but I will be driving through that area on the 25th. Do you call them to set up a pickup order and get pricing?

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 04-16-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
RC0032
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 11

For Chicago guys wanting bulk its worth the drive to Mid Country malt

http://www.countrymaltgroup.com/pdf/...rewCatalog.pdf and their online shopping:
ShopOnline

There is a local guy going Friday. PM me your e-mail address and I will forward the e-mail.

Old 04-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #9
srm775
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by conpewter View Post
I actually buy from Brew and Grow and it is an OK price (I think $38 for a 55lb bag of canadian 2-row plus taxes last time I was there). Anyway I think Mid-country malt is in the south suburbs right? That would be a bit of a drive for me, but I will be driving through that area on the 25th. Do you call them to set up a pickup order and get pricing?
Yeah, they're in a small warehouse district in South Holland, just off 80. You need to call the day before to pay for the purchase. You actually call the NY office. The good thing is, you don't pay Illinois sales tax or any county tax.

Quick Reply