Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Excited about the beers I just purchased

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2010, 04:30 AM   #1
nmcjudo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Excited about the beers I just purchased

From Shorts Brewing Company:

Uber Goober - an Oatmeal Stout brewed with peanuts

PB&J - a Peanut Butter Stout infused with a Jelly Rye Ale

Cup of Joe - Coffee Creme Stout

Good Humans - A dry hopped Double Brown Ale

From Sam Adams/Weihenstephan

Infinium - a Champagne like beer. Style is listed as a Doppelbock (can't wait to pop this one open. Christmas needs to get here faster!)

Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2010, 05:22 AM   #2
Suthrncomfrt1884
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Nice haul. I'd be interested in hearing how the PB&J beer is, along with the Uber Goober. I'm doing a lot of experimentation with peanuts and peanut butter in beer, and I'm always looking for examples of commercial breweries that have pulled it off. Kuhnhenns was the only one I knew of so far.

Another HERMS rig...

Old 12-09-2010, 05:40 AM   #3
nmcjudo
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suthrncomfrt1884 View Post
Nice haul. I'd be interested in hearing how the PB&J beer is, along with the Uber Goober. I'm doing a lot of experimentation with peanuts and peanut butter in beer, and I'm always looking for examples of commercial breweries that have pulled it off. Kuhnhenns was the only one I knew of so far.
Here are some reviews of both beers.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/shorts-pbj/100519/

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/shorts-...l-stout/81396/

The PB&J, in my opinion has a strong peanut butter aroma and flavor. The fruit flavor is really only in the after taste. It's not thick like a normal stout, but that is probably because of it being infused with the rye ale. In the end, it really does taste like a PB&J sandwich.

The Uber Goober is really tasty. Very sweet with a hint of peanut butter flavor and some chocolate.

Cheers!

Quick Reply