Endoscopy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TxBrew

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Anyone had one done?

I've had this pain in my stomach area since May. Doctor thinks it's an ulcer from but they want to look and see.

How bad does it suck? They said I get hit with some heavy sedation but I won't be completely out like surgery.

Is it just the endo or are you having a colonoscopy at the same time? It's not really that bad hes just going to give you a date rape drug and jam a camera down your throat while you do everything he says ;) In all seriousness the endoscopy/colonoscopy isnt that bad its the prep work of cleaning out your bowels the night before that really sucks. If this is your case I would suggest baby wipes they will save your ass in more ways than one.:drunk:

Endo's not bad, you're awake for it but zonked out. Expect that the doc telling will tell you that these drugs are going to feel good. And then to swallow. Then you come-to.

I cant speak from personal experience but I have chauffered dad to and from a couple of endo/colonoscopies. They had him so sedated he would forget what happened 5 minutes ago and have the whole same conversation all over again. He was feelin good!

Now if they cant find it with an endo they may gave you an M2A camera pill. The thing is cool as hell

I can't imagine it is that bad. At least they are going in the 'in' door, right?

You should ask for a video just to make sure they don't implant some mind control device.

I thought banana barium shakes were the standard for ulcer diagnosis. I would probably rather be irradiated than penetrated.

had an endo twice. No sweat. Cool little pill about 30 minutes prior. Wheeled into the room, pretty girl sprays something in the back of my throat and I lose all feeling there. Doc has my lay on my side and puts this tube down my throat. Its marked in inches and at one point I see "22" right in front of my nose. doc takes several pics, takes a little biopsy or two, pulls the tube out. I finish my nap, go home 30 minutes later, wifey drives as I'm still a little too happy.

second time was done by a spanish inquisitor. No drug and no gag reflex killing spray. Tried to force the tube down my throat until I almost punched him. He was a colonel, so that wouldn't have been good. Anyway, I left and came back when they gave me a different doc. Just like the first time then. Good drugs, pleasant nap, go home

It's weird. They drug you, you pass out, then you're gagging, then it's over and you wake up and they wheel you to a recovery room for 30 minutes or so.

todd_k said:
It's weird. They drug you, you pass out, then you're gagging, then it's over and you wake up and they wheel you to a recovery room for 30 minutes or so.

At least now we know where you have been. ;)

todd_k said:

Bingo, couldn't have said it better. The drugs were some good **** though...

I was completely out for my endo. I went out while the doctor was talking to me and I woke up in the recovery room with my wife.

For some reason I was very militant about walking out of the hospital. Later I asked SWMBO why people were looking at me weird.

She said ,"you kept draging your foot on every other step and your skin was purple because the stuff they gave you to put you under dropped your body temperature. I'm sure they were all thinking, 'There goes a big purple man who's feet don't work too good.'"

I recommend ice cream on the way home and a nap afterwards.

Sounds like a blast. It's going down the throat not up the heha. No chalk shakes for this one. I better get some feel good drugs as a prize when I leave.

TxBrew said:
Sounds like a blast. It's going down the throat not up the heha. No chalk shakes for this one. I better get some feel good drugs as a prize when I leave.

They're no big deal honestly. And they won't give you any drugs for the road. Believe me, I asked...

If they use Propophol, you are aware during the procedure, but won't remember much, if anything. I had the double procedure done 18 months ago, because my doctor freaked over my iron levels. The worst part was the pre-op flush out. Nothing for the road, wasn't needed.

youre thinking of versed not propofol. Propofol paralyzes you and you are not aware much less able to breathe on your own

TxBrew said:

I've had endoscopic surgery twice though it was considerably different. It wasn't so bad but I was completely out and had a breathing tube.

Did you dr. say why he was doing an endoscopic procedure? Have you been screened for the presence of the H Pylori bacteria?

I've had an edoscopy a couple of times. Its nothing to worry about. They don't knock you out completely, but they do sedate you pretty good and whatever drugs they use have an amnesia effect so even though you were awake during the procedure when its all over and done with you won't remember a thing.

I had one - don't remember anything between when they told me to start breating from the mask to when I woke up. No sweat at all.

Yeah, the first one I had the last thing I really remember was the anesthesiologist telling me to start counting backwards from 100. Somehow I only remember 100 and 99. Next thing I new I was awake and hungry in a store shopping with my wife and mother-in-law, 3-4 hours later with a bunch of crap I didn't remember buying.

when the nurse drugged me, they put it into an IV that went into my arm. The doc walks in and says, Why is he still awake? The nurse gets two more tubes of drugs and sticks them in....everything is a little hazy after that!

Latest posts

Back