The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Elder Scrolls Skyrim

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2011, 02:50 AM   #71
TMet
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 597 Times on 575 Posts
Likes Given: 136

I'm hooked hence my absence from HBT. Level 29 playing on expert. I made a "rule" for myself that made it go from a crack-like game experience to a heroin experience. No fast traveling at all, only fast transport I'll use is the carriages. I've gone through most of the dark brotherhood questline, and a fair chunk of the college. The Daedric quests are awesome! I highly recommend checking all the bars in all the towns for a guy who challenges you to a drinking contest. My buddy found him in a different bar than me so I think the bar is random. Keep drinking when you're prompted. Also, go to Solitude and talk to the crazy homeless guy who asks you to help bring his friend or master back. Two most awesome quests I've done so far!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2011, 03:32 AM   #72
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2640 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 290

Man I'm only on level 11... stupid family and job...

Old 12-05-2011, 12:33 PM   #73
acuenca
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Man I'm only on level 11... stupid family and job...
I know dude... I'm freaking exhausted... I've been burning the midnight oil trying to get through some of these quests AND help with a 7 week old AND take care of the wife/house/job whatev... exhausted... I need to sleep. This game is the bomb though.. I'm on PS3 too... freaking awesome game....

Old 12-05-2011, 06:00 PM   #74
bernerbrau
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Was with my brother this weekend. Brought this game and had him get started. We stayed up until 4 AM two nights in a row. He managed to get through the golden claw quest and I showed him how to smith stuff. After that, I told him, "Congratulations, you just completed an extremely minor sidequest."

I'm pretty sure I've done my duty as codependent enabler.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:41 AM   #75
weagle05
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMet View Post
The Daedric quests are awesome! I highly recommend checking all the bars in all the towns for a guy who challenges you to a drinking contest. My buddy found him in a different bar than me so I think the bar is random. Keep drinking when you're prompted. Also, go to Solitude and talk to the crazy homeless guy who asks you to help bring his friend or master back. Two most awesome quests I've done so far!
Wabbajack! Wabbajack! Wabbajack! Wabbajack!

Old 12-06-2011, 07:30 PM   #76
StophJS
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

It's definitely sweet but it's not without its issues. It's kind of lame that they got rid of the traditional RPG stats completely in favor of only skill stats. Also incredibly lame that there's nowhere in the menu to even see and inspect your character. Also, I can see why they got rid of athletics and all that, but it's lame that you character now always jumps and moves the same regardless of level.

Old 12-06-2011, 07:35 PM   #77
HexKrak
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I wouldn't mind having a little more expansion on the stats, but at least you don't have to restrict your actions to those that benefit the stats you're trying to increase any more.

Pipe Dreams: Chai Porter
Primary #1: Empty
Primary #2: Empty
Primary #3: Alley Cat Ale IIPA
Bottle Conditioning/Drinking: Black Cat Stout, Cat Haus Ale
Want to know more? Visit my beer blog!

Old 12-06-2011, 07:38 PM   #78
StophJS
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexKrak View Post
I wouldn't mind having a little more expansion on the stats, but at least you don't have to restrict your actions to those that benefit the stats you're trying to increase any more.
Agreed. It definitely does make for better leveling. Oblivion was a pain in the ass in that regard.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:35 PM   #79
PanzerBanana
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I loves Skyrim. Only two real issues are that enchanting takes way too long, and I really miss being able to make my own spells.

Dragons could be a little tougher. Once you're beefed up and have their fighting style down they're push overs.

My favorite weapon is the sword Dawnbreaker you get once you meet Meridia. Nothing like an epic magical explosion that destroys all the undead in an area. Although, it also shatters somethings, and sends others flying....like those metal dragon claws/keys, that you need to spend 20+ minutes looking for because the shock wave and debris sent it flying.

Even with the bugs it's definitely a fantastic game. And the scenery, the game never looks bad.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:06 PM   #80
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2640 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 290

I agree with you on the dragons... I will usually just shoot a few arrows at them, then when they land beat them unmerciful with a two-handed sword. I've only died once fighting them.

Quick Reply