Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Elder Scrolls Skyrim

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #661
bobbrews
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 280 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Just got some real badass armor by killing Boethiah's Champion. It's a one-of-a-kind sort of Ebony platemail that emits a poison. I made it way stronger via smithing so I'm set for awhile.

The only glitches that piss me off are a result of the Bard's College. Finn's Lute, Pantea's Flute, Rjorn's Drum... they are all still in my inventory because the damned people who asked me to retrieve them won't take them off of me! I fixed the glitch involving Esbern when he doesn't open the door for you and you can't hear him speak. There was some file I had to download.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 05:07 PM   #662
GilaMinumBeer
In yo' garage, steelin' yo parts.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4638 Times on 4319 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbrews View Post
Just got some real badass armor by killing Boethiah's Champion. It's a one-of-a-kind sort of Ebony platemail that emits a poison. I made it way stronger via smithing so I'm set for awhile.

The only glitches that piss me off are a result of the Bard's College. Finn's Lute, Pantea's Flute, Rjorn's Drum... they are all still in my inventory because the damned people who asked me to retrieve them won't take them off of me! I fixed the glitch involving Esbern when he doesn't open the door for you and you can't hear him speak. There was some file I had to download.
The Ebony mail is really good unless you have to brawl someone, you have to take it off or else the brawl becomes an outright lynching on you for using magic.

Another issue with the ebony mail is sneak archery. As soon as you go into sneak the ebony mail emits wisps of smoke that obscure your view. Can be really annoying in dark tombs and caverns. And can be a downright liability if you are spotted by an archer.

I am on Xbox and did not have the bards glitches. The only other glitch I have encountered so far is getting a book before the Orc inthe library asked for it and now I can't get rid of the book.

And the saves glitch. Keep too many saves and the Xbox can lock up on you for no reason.

I've found a possible work around for this new glitch and will try on my next gaming session.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #663
bobbrews
Recipes 

I'll keep it on for stylistic reasons. I like to match Shadowmere, plus my female characters' boobs look great in it.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:39 PM   #664
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Quote:
I'll keep it on for stylistic reasons. I like to match Shadowmere, plus my female characters' boobs look great in it.
You get used to it. I've been wearing it since ~Lvl 40 and am on Lvl 47 now.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #665
bobbrews
Recipes 

My previous character was weaker at level 82 than my current character at level 64. I played the game a bit smarter this go around and made some good choices early on.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:56 PM   #666
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

Quote:
My previous character was weaker at level 82 than my current character at level 64. I played the game a bit smarter this go around and made some good choices early on.
I'm going to play this character until all is done but the continuous radiant quests.

And then I am going to start playing COD MW3 or BF3.

I doubt I will but, if I finish all that before DawnGuard hits then I'll install DawnGuard and play this guy through that some other day. If not, then I'll play this guy through DawnGuard and put it down for a while.

Looking at all the add-on DLC's for previous versions (MorrowWind, Oblivion, etc...), it looks like Skyrim will never end.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #667
bobbrews
Recipes 

I got Witcher 2 on the backburner myself. I've heard it makes Skyrim look like an Atari game.

Old 06-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #668
H-ost
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by GilaMinumBeer View Post
And then I am going to start playing COD MW3 or BF3.
I haven't stayed up later than 2am for over a year or so but this weekend my roommate and I were up past 4:30am playing nazi zombies! I think we started around 5pm on saturday.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #669
GilaMinumBeer

Recipes 

I am really kind of irked now by Skyrim and some of the appeal is lost by the repitition.

I finally got worked through the bug but it was a real PITA. At one point I had BOTH Farkas and Vilkis as followers that I could not dismiss, had them both at the Ysgrammor thingamajig, but could not activate the damened thiung to cure either of them.

I think the ONLY reason I got cured is that it glitched.

Old 06-26-2012, 01:47 PM   #670
bobbrews
Recipes 

I'm still having fun with it as long as I don't keep choosing the more repetitive missions.

I defeated Alduin last night in Sovngarde. Learned a shout to travel back and forth from Sovngarde to Tamriel. Pretty cool since this is the farthest I got in the game so far. I still have not collected all of the Dragon Priest masks. With hundreds to thousands of hours of gameplay so far, this game seems never-ending.

Quick Reply