Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Elder Scrolls Skyrim

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #191
Brewkowski
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 24 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 25

I do need to perk up my axes as well, I guess I was just unsure of how far I'd be able to leve and didn't want to spread out my perks. I went with light armor, which has worked out ok, except for some castle storming where there are more than 3 guys attacking me. I thought light armor would help with my sneaking (so I wouldn't have to swap armors out depending on the mission).
Any idea what metals Daedra weapons are made of, I have a boat load of various ingots stashed until I know what I'm doing.
Also, any idea what smiths might have the most coin, I just cranked out like 8 suits of dragon armor to sell, but most people I'm selling to can only buy 1 per day.

An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.”

Charles Bukowski

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #192
mightynintendo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewkowski View Post
I do need to perk up my axes as well, I guess I was just unsure of how far I'd be able to leve and didn't want to spread out my perks. I went with light armor, which has worked out ok, except for some castle storming where there are more than 3 guys attacking me. I thought light armor would help with my sneaking (so I wouldn't have to swap armors out depending on the mission).
Any idea what metals Daedra weapons are made of, I have a boat load of various ingots stashed until I know what I'm doing.
Also, any idea what smiths might have the most coin, I just cranked out like 8 suits of dragon armor to sell, but most people I'm selling to can only buy 1 per day.
if you also perk up speech they can afford more. I haven't done much merchant exploring as of yet. i spent most of my time getting to level 40 in the mage's college. frozen hellhole.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #193
BasementBrewmistress
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernerbrau View Post
If you complete the mages' college quest line, there will be a guy who sells you daedra hearts for about $500 at the college.
If you've joined the Companions don't forget the daedra heart that spawns in Jorrvaskr.

Old 02-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #194
bernerbrau
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewkowski View Post
So what is the best material for weapons as far as crafting, ebony?
Daedric is best for heavy weapons and armor. That's ebony with daedra hearts (there's also a mage college quest that will let you forge them without daedra hearts).

Dragonscale (not dragonplate) is best for light armor; Glass is best for light weapons.

There is no official "light/heavy" classification for weapons, but weapons made from heavy armor material swing slower than weapons made from light armor material.

Old 02-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #195
mikebowman
Recipes 

Started playing the game just after New Years, and man has it taken over my life. I'm a high elf, specializing in destruction and restoration magic. Although I realized a little while ago that my magic left me pretty exposed when my magika ran out, so I started using one handed weapons. My most common combat thing now is a one handed weapon with a healing spell, and whatever armor spell i've got (currently ironflesh). I've got the Robes of the Archmage, from completing the College of Winterhold quest line, which are too good for me to want to take off, so the spells help with that.

Also, Mace of Molag-Bol: sweetest weapon ever!

Old 02-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #196
weagle05
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernerbrau View Post
A lot of my gear is stolen... lol
Store it in your house, if you have one. Also not bad to pick up a spell to conjure a weapon if you don't already have one.

Old 02-03-2012, 04:29 AM   #197
mightynintendo
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Old 02-03-2012, 04:53 AM   #198
commonsenseman
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 10

That video is freaking hilarious! I love how she stumbles onto the trap every time, then gets stuck behind the gate. Classic.

"EC-1118 is a monster yeast. But it is also clean and quick. Like a humane serial killer."

1 Gal: Brandon O's-Graff
2 Gal: Big Ol' Barleywine
5 Gal: Graham's English Cider
5 Gal: Apfelwein

Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #199
TomHanx
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 11

-BUMP

Everyone pretty much over it by now?

I just got it about 3 weeks ago. I bought my PS3 last year and it has pretty much sat in the bedroom and become a blu-ray player since then, until I got Skyrim and in just a matter of 2-3 weeks I've turned into the nerdiest nerd. Never been a nerd about games or movies in my life before. Not even ashamed either, this game is worth it.

Should I just go ahead and tell the SWMBO that unless she wants a trial seperation I'm not accessible for the next month or so more?

Old 03-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #200
Burgs
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I still play for a little bit every week and I'm still having a lot of fun. Still tons of places I haven't found, mostly because I don't have 8 hrs to put into it every day.

Favorite questline so far I think was Boethia's Calling. I thought that was pretty cool.

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS