The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Elder Scrolls Skyrim

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2011, 11:17 PM   #111
acuenca
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Great game... I'm level 41... and at this point leveling is so slow, it's faster to raise XP by paying someone to teach me something (enchanting, illusion) crap skills that I probably won't use a whole lot of... but the game is still ridiculous and crazy fun. Cheers!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #112
bernerbrau
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 13

So last night I found myself needing to pilfer a few minor items. Well, after picking the lock on a farmhouse, I am met by a couple dogs inside who immediately start barking. My traveling companion bludgeons them both to death with a mace.

Somewhat surprised at this turn of events, I shake it off and attempt to pick the pocket of the house's sleeping owner. I fail; he wakes up and comes at me with a knife. I attempt to flee, but behind me I hear my companion scream: "Hyaaaagh!!!" When I turn around, the owner is lying dead in a heap.

I sort of stared dumbfounded at the screen for about 2 minutes before reloading the game from a previous save point, making a mental note not to ever piss off my traveling companion.

Old 12-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #113
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2640 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 290

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernerbrau
So last night I found myself needing to pilfer a few minor items. Well, after picking the lock on a farmhouse, I am met by a couple dogs inside who immediately start barking. My traveling companion bludgeons them both to death with a mace.

Somewhat surprised at this turn of events, I shake it off and attempt to pick the pocket of the house's sleeping owner. I fail; he wakes up and comes at me with a knife. I attempt to flee, but behind me I hear my companion scream: "Hyaaaagh!!!" When I turn around, the owner is lying dead in a heap.

I sort of stared dumbfounded at the screen for about 2 minutes before reloading the game from a previous save point, making a mental note not to ever piss off my traveling companion.
Lol... I don't bring those guys with me unless its to help pillage a dungeon, for exactly those kinds of reasons. I like to sneak to get the advantage, and then while im assessing the enemy situation my guy will charge the wizards with his sword out. So they get to stay at home now.

Old 12-28-2011, 06:59 PM   #114
ABrewingApe
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have been having an absolute blast with Skyrim. I'm playing a bizarre mix of two-handed heavy armor fighter and sneak-thief but hey, it's working out so far.

I gotta say, my favorite part of the entire game so far? Standing in the middle of the Whiterun market, pulling out a fresh human heart from my inventory, and chowing down. "Always a nice day with you around," says a passer-by: and she means it. My kind of town.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #115
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrewingApe
I have been having an absolute blast with Skyrim. I'm playing a bizarre mix of two-handed heavy armor fighter and sneak-thief but hey, it's working out so far.
I started out doing the same thing, but found that with all the sneaking I was doing I ended up doing 80% of my killin with arrows. So now the greatsword only comes out when the enemies are up in my face.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:36 PM   #116
ABrewingApe
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I do a fair bit of shooting myself, but mostly I use the sneaking to get closer so I can bust heads more effectively with my glass hammer. There has never been a better weapon, and there will never be a better weapon. The glass hammer conquers all.

Old 12-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #117
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrewingApe
I do a fair bit of shooting myself, but mostly I use the sneaking to get closer so I can bust heads more effectively with my glass hammer. There has never been a better weapon, and there will never be a better weapon. The glass hammer conquers all.
What makes it so great? I never used the one I found, I sold it. The hammers are too slow. The skull crushing finishing blow is always fun though

Old 12-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #118
bernerbrau
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'm partial to the pair of dual-enchanted legendary glass swords. One strike, 63 magic damage + fear. Most things go down like flies, and the ones that don't run screaming. That's when you cast Revenant on one of the dead bodies and send him to finish off his former friend.

Old 12-28-2011, 10:49 PM   #119
bstacy1974
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Was a level 40 warrior, dual weapons of axe and sword, one enchanted with fire, the other with soul trap.

After experiencing the Companions major bug (Xbox), had to start over. I'm back up to level 20.

Big difference between Skyrim and Oblivion, soul gems are everywhere. I went into this Dwarven ruin and came out with 40 soul gems!

I played the Drinking Contest quest last night (Where's my goat!), but I think it was bugged too. I was fighting some mages in a ruin, when the screen goes black. Next thing I know, the quest is done? Not going to spoil it, but its totally worth the reward.

My brew blog

Old 12-28-2011, 11:31 PM   #120
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstacy1974
Was a level 40 warrior, dual weapons of axe and sword, one enchanted with fire, the other with soul trap.

After experiencing the Companions major bug (Xbox), had to start over. I'm back up to level 20.

Big difference between Skyrim and Oblivion, soul gems are everywhere. I went into this Dwarven ruin and came out with 40 soul gems!

I played the Drinking Contest quest last night (Where's my goat!), but I think it was bugged too. I was fighting some mages in a ruin, when the screen goes black. Next thing I know, the quest is done? Not going to spoil it, but its totally worth the reward.
Yeah you kinda got gyped on that daedra quest. The end was pretty neat.

Quick Reply