Economy Sucks...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Octang

Reaction score
I have to put a halt on brewing for a bit.

I've been collecting unemployment for a while now, and I have finally run out of unemployment checks. I can file for a benefits extension but it will take a few weeks for it to process and I am a single guy who lives alone, so other than my part time job (which is only 5-10 hours a week and does not even cover a small portion of my bills), I have no additional income to pay for things. So I can not justify spending money brewing (or buying) beer until I have some income coming in.

Luckily I had a job interview today that went really well, and I have another interview next week. Lets pray one of these turns into a job and I can get back to brewing!

Though let me just say... thank God I am a homebrewer! If it weren't for that, I wouldn't have a stockpile of beer to hold me over in these hard times!

-End rant

I know it's getting bad. But if you watch the news they say over and
over how its getting better. Yeah ok sure I was reading an article from
some financial expert who was saying that the only reason companys
are showing upticks in there income is because of the lay offs that has
happened and now they've got 1 person doing 4 or 5 jobs. Tell me about
it. Thats what i've done for the past 6 months. And now were just about
out of work and we make bearing's for everyone even the military. Anyway
i hope your search for work pans out well for you. I may be in the same
boat soon brother.

Believe me, I understand. I was laid off for a long time, too. I don't know where your interview is, but I really hope it goes well and you get the job.

Best of luck, I'm right there with ya. Laid off a year ago, out of work for six months, then got a job, then reduced to half time with no benefits.

Many people get it, many people just don't.

For everyone of the people who try to mention the hardship here, I bet there are ten more who keep it quiet.

I have been off since Bloody Monday, with no warning, and am just starting work at another place on Monday.

Keep your 'eye to the keyhole', and keep on looking.

Back