Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Don't Forget, It's a Hombrewing Holiday Today!!! Teach a friend to Homebrew Day!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2751 Times on 1650 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default Don't Forget, It's a Hombrewing Holiday Today!!! Teach a friend to Homebrew Day!!!

Quote:
The American Homebrewers Association (AHA) Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day is an international event to introduce people to the homebrewing hobby and establish relationships with local homebrew supply shops.

Each year on the first Saturday in November, homebrewers around the world are encouraged to invite non-brewing and brewing friends and family to celebrate Teach a Friend to Homebrew Day and brew a batch of beer together.

A bunch of us from the HBT Michigan Mashers are going to meet for the first time, and brew together, at Cap N Cork Homebrew shop. I even made an HBT sign.

For the spring brew several of the clubs set up taps, I heard there was close to 900 gallons of beer around the parking lot..(I don't remember too much because I was pretty plotz)

I'm so excited, like today is Christmas...I could barely sleep!

So, hopefully you are planning to hook up at a homebrew shop, or with a group of friend, to share the love (and corrupt a few more souls to the good beer side.)

If you have made planned care to share?

I'm already

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #2
boo boo
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 4

One of the employees of my LHBS Wine Making Supplies - Beer Making Supplies is doing an AG demo today. The weather is good and hopefully we should see a good turnout.

How do you BBQ an elephant....first you get your elephant....

Old 11-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
One of the employees of my LHBS Wine Making Supplies - Beer Making Supplies is doing an AG demo today. The weather is good and hopefully we should see a good turnout.
It's supposed to be in the 60's here...

Hopefully the turnout will be as good as it was for the spring brew day...

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-01-2008, 11:03 AM   #4
boo boo
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I don't expect that big of a turnout, but one can always hope. Goodluck.

How do you BBQ an elephant....first you get your elephant....

Old 11-01-2008, 11:11 AM   #5
Revvy

Recipes 

Cap N Cork ends up having a huge turnout...there's several clubs in the area, and a bunch of independants....and the thing is that's not the only LHBS in the area. There's another event going on about 10 miles away at another shop.

Here's a video from Cap N Cork TAFTHB 2006.

Teach A Friend To Homebrew Day - Brewcast

Old 11-01-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
Ryan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think this is your way to rub it in that I can't make it today.

Remember, lots of pics!!!!!

Old 11-01-2008, 01:06 PM   #7
Zymurgrafi

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Man. I wish I had someone to teach. Guess I could just abduct some poor soul off the street and force them to learn!

Good excuse to get out of household chores and brew some more beer!

sláinte!

Bristle Bros. Brewing

Old 11-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 265 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I'll be at Austin Homebrew Supply today from 11-3 brewing in the parking lot.

I'm bringing some of my Oktoberfest and 888 RIS to pass around. Perhaps a pint or two of Southern Star Pine Belt Pale Ale too.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Old 11-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #9
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 2

First off let me just say EdWort's beer rocked. Very much enjoyed. It was really cool to finally get to try the 8-8-8 RIS!

I brought a couple of my OhioBrewtus' Hoegaarden clone and a 9-9-9 partitgyle I call my "random beer". We had three folks stay for the whole brew session, had a great time, and I think they learned a thing or two like how to drink homebrew during the downtime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperbrew
big brother only monitors facebook and untappd

Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 PM   #10
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Introduced my dad into homebrewing today. We modified my IC a bit and it works so much better. We also modified my dip tube and then brewed up a Porter. Was a great day

Quick Reply