Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcbaumannerb said:
This waste of carbon needs to have a stick of dynamite up his arse and lit ... Wow this pisses me off! :mad:

That kind if stuff makes me sick. That guy definitely needs to have the same thing done to him that he did to that dog. Except he needs to be made to suffer a little bit beforehand.

wolfstar said:
The latest pup to roll through my rescue, a Norwegian Elkhound that wore a prong collar for the better part of a year. his neck wounds are now healing and he will be up for adoption soon.

Good on ya. That is seriously messed up. Looks like a sweet dog as long as he has some work to keep him busy.

Sgt. Pepper. He's an Australian Shepherd....and also my brewer's apprentice.

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

When I was a kid, a guy in my (tiny, redneck, inbred) home town had a dog that needed to be put to sleep. He didn't want to pay for a vet to do it and thought a quick end would be to attach a stick of dynamite to the dog's back. When he lit the fuse the dog panicked and ran under the house. Sometimes karma works quickly.

When I was a kid, a guy in my (tiny, redneck, inbred) home town had a dog that needed to be put to sleep. He didn't want to pay for a vet to do it and thought a quick end would be to attach a stick of dynamite to the dog's back. When he lit the fuse the dog panicked and ran under the house. Sometimes karma works quickly.

WOW. That is just stupid enough to be true.

Weed whacked the yard this morning. Have an electric. Cleaned up before I started. Dogs came out while working. When I wound the cords up when I was done. What do I find on one of the cords. :sigh: gotta love dogs

Cute Aussie! He looks a bit small. Barley (red tri) & Blue (blue merle) clock in at 72 and 70 lbs, respectively. And I don't feed them that much, Barley gets 2 cups a day and Blue gets 1 1/2.

MC

He is really small for his breed. He is a year and a half old and is ~ 35lbs. He's just about 18/19" at the shoulder, but he's really lean. Refuses to eat more than 1 cup of food a day, so we feed him a a pretty calorie dense food. It's okay though, because he had more than enough spirit to make up for his small size.

You have any pics of yours?

He is really small for his breed. He is a year and a half old and is ~ 35lbs. He's just about 18/19" at the shoulder, but he's really lean. Refuses to eat more than 1 cup of food a day, so we feed him a a pretty calorie dense food. It's okay though, because he had more than enough spirit to make up for his small size.

You have any pics of yours?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/new-staff-members-my-brew-crew-295137/

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/dogs-13791/index13.html#post3754264

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/dogs-13791/index18.html#post3788427

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/dogs-13791/index89.html#post5207863

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/dogs-13791/index29.html#post4076116

They are in surprisingly "lean" shape for their 70+ lbs.

MC

I don't know if I posted this one before, but I just found it again. When Oakley was a pup he loved to do this...stick his face into the bars of his crate and rest his upper lip there. Creepy and hilarious at the same time. What a strange dog. I get a laugh from this every time I look at it!

1009112043.jpg

Boston Terrier "Scrappy"
She also responds to "Sh!thead," "Herp Derp," and "How could you have possibly destroyed that toy already?"

scrappy.jpg

Ha! My dog also responds to shìthead.

And little fvcker (in an endearing way). And buddy.

I always enjoy catching up on this thread. There are a few pictures of my dog Dasher somewhere on here. He's a 4 year old chihuahua mix with very long legs. He loves to run and is an escape artist if an opportunity arises, he'll tear out across the front yard like a lightning bolt and charge top speed down the sidewalk. I call it his freedom run. He usually is back within a half hour.

I put a doggy door that leads to the backyard. It is through a window about 24 inches off the floor. Recently I was moving furniture out the front door so I put him in the backyard and locked the doggy door. After the moving was finished he was let in. One of the pieces of furniture I removed was a chair that had been his platform to jump through the door, there's another platform on the other side.

He loves his door, it gives him the freedom to transit between house and backyard anytime he wants. If I walk through the doorway next to his door he goes through his door. Religiously. 3.5 years like that until I moved the chair and replaced it with a different platform. Now he is reluctant to go through his door. It's crazy! After a week of trying to convince him to use the door ( and a week of waking up to dried dog turd on the floor) I finally got him using it again yesterday just like old times. This morning I wake up to dried dog turds on the floor again. I don't get it, probably going to take a little more time and Re-training.

These are our pups. Morgan is the black Cocker Spaniel, and Yoda is the Bulldog. They are our furry kids.

image-3958225558.jpg

Hate to be "that guy", but everything about this story just reeked of urban myth and after some digging (as I actually very much wanted it to be true), it looks like just one of many variations on a very popular one.

Heck, the first result of the Google search "dog dynamite under house" happens to be a Snopes page.

Hate to be "that guy", but everything about this story just reeked of urban myth and after some digging (as I actually very much wanted it to be true), it looks like just one of many variations on a very popular one.

Heck, the first result of the Google search "dog dynamite under house" happens to be a Snopes page.

*shrug* possible since I wasn't there to witness it, but growing up it was known who did it and the house where it happened was pointed out more than once. My town might have been where it actually happened or it could just be that the legend was passed around so much it eventually was applied to a specific person and place there. I'd never heard it outside of my town, growing up in the 70's and early 80's.

Well, there were the german anti-tank dogs. Those are not an urban myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-tank_dog

Latest posts

Back