Dogs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend who had the huge GSD/Great Dane/Pony mix told me a story. One day he was going for a drive and Cody the dog was in the back. It was one of those sporty VW's with the hatchback and he usually just folded down the back seat and let Cody have the whole back area to ride in since he was so big. Well, my friend is zipping down the road and suddenly... smells something. He's not passing by a farm or anything so it takes him a few seconds to realize it's coming from inside the car. He looked in the rear view mirror and all he could see was Cody's face and he was right in the middle of that "pooping face" all dogs get with the big eyes focused off in the distance and the strain apparent. LOL Right in the back of his car.

bliss.

cirka sleeping on couch.JPG

My Dog Butch, he loved beer, would climb your leg for a Newcastle brown, take it away from you.. drink it, then get the beer box on his head and run around the place like a child. So hyper, people thought I had two dogs, he'd bark at one gate, run to the other side, bark then back. When I got sick, he followed me room to room, laying at my feet, laying next to me on the couch, comforting me. It hurt so bad when he died.

I said I'd never have another "bulldog".. then Porky brought me Lex, A rescue dog who his owner had been sent off to jail? he was at a rental house in a bad section of Town, no food, no water for days. He's not been hungry since. He's so fat from my wife's cooking he looks like a pickle with legs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWgFe6wASpU

He is of course, the smartest dog in the world. Understands any word spoken, if you look him in the eyes.. so he either is autistic, or a mind reader. He gets/licks the empty peanut butter jars.. one day My wife, who never had a dog before, told him to go out and get that jar laying in the yard, which he did.. She didn't understand that was "weird" and impossible for a dog to understand.

There is a few people in the neighborhood he does not like.. He's a great judge of character. He has always been right about the people so far.

Butch_drinkin.jpg

Funny story you might enjoy. My father claims he came home one day as a teenager to see his King GSD "King" growling and a man cowering on the couch. According to the man he opened the door and went inside to burglarize the place and thought all was well when the big dog was just watching him intently. He got to the door with a bag of stuff and thats when King sprung. Dog let him in the house but wouldnt let him leave.

My dog and cat spend more time on my bed than I do which is cool but they both shed so I usually make the bed as soon as I get out of it. Got an emergency call out from a client while I was sleeping so jumped out of bed and ran into the office. I returned to the bedroom maybe an hour later when I realized I had left my phone in there... this is what I found. :p
unmade.jpg

ChshreCat said:
Actually, I think she's saying "Seriously... dude... when were you drinking Bud Ice?!?" :D

Haha, I laugh every time I use that box for storing homebrew. Actually I got that box from my local liquor store one time when I was buying a couple 6ers and some bombers and wanted a way to get it all safely to the car. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Haha, I laugh every time I use that box for storing homebrew. Actually I got that box from my local liquor store one time when I was buying a couple 6ers and some bombers and wanted a way to get it all safely to the car. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

"It's not mine. Someone gave it to me." Didn't work on my dad when I was in high school either. :D

exploring new ways to make yeast happy so I started a sourdough culture

this will teach me to leave an open bag of flour where the Howdy can get to it

IMG_8536 cropt.jpg

HeHe! That reminds me of the news story of the guy in Montana who came home to find his golden retriever stumbling around the house. The guy was a teetotaller himself, so there wasnt any booze the dog could have gotten into...

Turns out the dog helped himself to a couple pounds of rising bread dough.

We've been making Sunday "Dog day" and taking KB out to do something. This weekend it was a hike along the bluffs on the other side of the island.

Here he was at the overlook at the end of the trail:

1091815_10151796770134254_1570377714_o.jpg

1092548_10151796769164254_875881851_o.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDehr4qv-hs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

You guys will appreciate this. Anyone with a herding dog especially

Thanks. That cracked me up. I have a 12 1/2 year-old Australian Cattle Dog/German Shepard Dog mix who still does that, although not quite like he use to. When he was younger and we wanted a break after hours of fetch, we used to gather up all of his toys and put them in a room and close the door so he couldn't bring them to us. Even then he would search until he found something like a string which he would bring in and drop at our feet and then crouch at the ready. For years it was simply impossible to tire him out. Now we are just two old men who hang out together.

Here's our latest addition to the pack I picked up Friday.

Meet Odin the 6 month old husky.

Second photo he's playing with our other girl Mishka.

524360_10200865134002908_1609340442_n.jpg

521929_10200871254355913_101185931_n.jpg

had a group brew day on sunday. Cirka the brew-dog kept us entertained while we waited out the mash and the boil - by teaching the newbs how to properly throw a ball. she apparently liked the dreggs of my brett'ed saison.

P1000225 - Copy.jpg

P1000228.jpg

P1000256.jpg

All good looking dogs. I'm sure they're all "mostly" good boys and girls. Given the opportunity, they will get into trouble. They are dogs after all. I'll have to post one Jack the Cocker Spaniel. I don't have one on this computer for some reason.

Just got back from a shelter visit. Lots of bully breeds there today. Got to play with a young pit female who could jump out of her cage. Great fun.

Back