Does anyone else get gassy after drinking hoppy beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
I don't know what it is, but I get gassy (not burping) after a night of drinking a few hoppy beers. Today I can't help but relieve my self every 5-10 mins, and I don't even like being around my self when I do. :eek:

Anyone else get this problem?

not necessarily the hops.....the suspended yeast in homebrews CO2's in your stomach......causing byproducts, if you will..........

always when i have a bunch of homebrews.........

like the above statement it is more likely the yeast that is giving you the "beer farts", usually get them from bottle conditioned beer (homebrew/some micros)

Mine is always with Sierra Nevada the wife is always bitchy when I get to drinking those

not sure I can tell the difference. I mean, I can clear a room if I want to! :D But then, so can all three of my Boston Terriers (I'm talking tears-in-the-eyes BAD!) -and only ONE of 'em drinks homebrew with me.

not sure I can tell the difference. I mean, I can clear a room if I want to! :D But then, so can all three of my Boston Terriers (I'm talking tears-in-the-eyes BAD!) -and only ONE of 'em drinks homebrew with me.

Well I think you need to find the constant here.........stop eating the dog food!!! :D

Hoppy beers make me poop. When I get home from work and pour an IPA by the third sip its bathroom time. On a weekend the noontime beer does the same thing. Very odd.

no, but I do get rapey.

_

tumblrl4tayw1tnm1qz7lxd.jpg

Latest posts

Back