Disc Golf...Anyone Play?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrregularPulse

Hobby Collector
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A guy from work started playing disc golf a while back and has been talking about it lately. I went with him and another guy yesterday to the local college and played their course. I have to say I was skeptical, but it was very fun. Just curious as to if anyone else on here plays or has played and what their thoughts were on it. I only used 3 disks. A driver, a mid-range, and a putter. I've seen online these guys carrying dufflebags with over 20 disks at once! Ridiculous!! But I guess it's the same as golfers carrying around 50 clubs.

I love disc golf and usually carry about 10 discs they all have their strengths... whether its hyzer, anhyzer, long distance, etc... I haven't played in a long time... I've gotta get back out onto the course. The best part is that its almost always free (excluding discs... and beers).

Neal

I used to play every weekend with my mates. We have 3 courses here and each weekend we'd play a different course to keep it interesting.

I started out with 3 discs, eventually graduated up to a bag full until I lost most of them and would just replace the ones I really liked using.

One of my mates just bought a house within walking distance to the largest course in my area. We talk about picking it back up as we both still have our discs (buried somewhere in the attics) and can schedule a game during wife gossip / toddler play dates.

I started a thread on this a while back here

As soon as I posted I thought "D'oh" should have searched. With all the naturalists/hippies (not saying this in a bad way, I love being outdoors and have really taken to nature a lot more since graduating college, just seems to go hand in hand with brewing) of course there would have been some Disc Golfers.

I used to play in college- the free part was nice. I always used just 3 discs and stayed right there with everyone else. Just like any hobby, "gear acquisition syndrome" can set in.

Back