Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Dec 21 2012 Who has Plans???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #101
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 231 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 38

If it doesn't end, I'm going to have to throw out all my Mayan calendars. If I'd known they were only going to good for a few thousand years, I never would have bought the heavy things in the first place!!!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

sweetcell Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-17-2012, 05:18 PM   #102
sweetcell
Swollen Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 633 Times on 470 Posts
Likes Given: 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42 View Post
I've got a Mayan New Year party planned with some Pastifarians. His Noodly Goodness watches over us.
ramen.

Drinking: a hop-bursted IPA w/ Conan, a farmhouse with ECY08 & brett blend
Fermenting: sour cherry mead
Aging: a bunch of belgian and soured stuff, and acerglyn.
Up next: either an imperial stout or something to use up my homegrown hops... TBD.
bottlebomber Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #103
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
If it doesn't end, I'm going to have to throw out all my Mayan calendars. If I'd known they were only going to good for a few thousand years, I never would have bought the heavy things in the first place!!!
Be careful with that, you could seriously hurt either yourself or someone else that way. Drop one on your foot and look OUT!! lol

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 PM   #104
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

I'm going to take the last few minutes left to say goodbye and note what a pleasure it has been knowing almost all of you!

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 12-21-2012, 04:38 PM   #105
JordanThomas
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Oh wait, I thought it was supposed to end at midnight. Hmmmm. I CALL SHENANIGANS!

Old 12-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #106
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanThomas View Post
Oh wait, I thought it was supposed to end at midnight. Hmmmm. I CALL SHENANIGANS!
Is that the place with the goofy sh*t on the walls?? If you're going to call them, go ahead and order me some mozzarella sticks!

JordanThomas Likes This 
Old 12-21-2012, 04:58 PM   #107
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1600 Times on 1128 Posts
Likes Given: 2636

As soon as I get home I am pouring a scotch, and then my buddy is going to come over and help make liver sausages.

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 12-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #108
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
As soon as I get home I am pouring a scotch, and then my buddy is going to come over and help make liver sausages.
Is this your new neighbor you're talking about??

gratus fermentatio Likes This 
Old 12-21-2012, 05:51 PM   #109
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 133 Times on 126 Posts

The sauces are in the crock pots and the Great Room is clean, mostly. Got a small pot of vegan sauce. Last year there was whining because it was only vegetarian. Any leftovers go in the main pot.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Old 12-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #110
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 477 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by david_42 View Post
The sauces are in the crock pots and the Great Room is clean, mostly. Got a small pot of vegan sauce. Last year there was whining because it was only vegetarian. Any leftovers go in the main pot.
What method do you use to covert a vegan into sauce??

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Quick Reply