Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Darn snowstorm!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #1
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4451 Times on 3240 Posts
Likes Given: 866

Default Darn snowstorm!

I'm so depressed. It started snowing Sunday night, just a little bit. And today it's STILL snowing. Alot. It snowed about 6 inches yesterday, and we got about 8 inches last night, and it's still knowing. It's a heavy, wet snow, too.

I thought spring was on its way. I was wrong. I hate winter.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
eschatz

Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 16 Posts

That's the way it ALWAYS is in Indiana (never that much snow though). You get two days of good weather and then a week of crap. It's like being on a rollercoaster of weather. It sucks. Why can't we just decide on something and go with it!

What's tappening? :D

Old 04-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
TeufelBrew
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

That crazy storm we here over the weekend. Parts of the Denver metro and the foothills area had up to 4 ft. We had a dusting of snow and about 2.5 inches of rain. However, this is Colorado and most of the snow will be gone by the end of today, except in the foothills.

Hope this is your last snowstorm!

~~~~
That's not a beer gut, it's a liquid grain storage facility!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWellWithOthers View Post
You're all wrong. Apfelwein is a time machine and mind eraser combined into one.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
bluehouse
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Wow, when I saw the reference to snowstorm I thought this was an old post. I guess everyone has their problems with weather. We are down here worrying about keeping our brew cool enought to ferment and you are still dealing with snow in the middle of April. Hope it clears for your soon. It is bright & sunny, our high was 81 yesterday, might hit 90 today.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4451 Times on 3240 Posts
Likes Given: 866

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehouse View Post
Wow, when I saw the reference to snowstorm I thought this was an old post. I guess everyone has their problems with weather. We are down here worrying about keeping our brew cool enought to ferment and you are still dealing with snow in the middle of April. Hope it clears for your soon. It is bright & sunny, our high was 81 yesterday, might hit 90 today.
LOL! They are saying it will stop snowing by tomorrow, and might hit 40 degrees by then. We had warm weather last week, so my goldfish got moved outside to the pond, and the patio furniture is out. It's now completely covered with snow, as are my tender hops plants just starting to poke out of the ground. I guess the skiing would be great today, but I have to work.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

we got the same storm down here yooper, but it didn't include any snow. it has been raining since sunday morning tho. back into the 60's by thursday.

primary1 :UTOPIA BABY(still searching for it)
secondary:middling bastard ipa
kegged:simcoe blonde, crystal pale ale, yellow jacket golden ale, lemon shandy blonde
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Old 04-21-2009, 01:09 PM   #7
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
LOL! They are saying it will stop snowing by tomorrow, and might hit 40 degrees by then. We had warm weather last week, so my goldfish got moved outside to the pond, and the patio furniture is out. It's now completely covered with snow, as are my tender hops plants just starting to poke out of the ground. I guess the skiing would be great today, but I have to work.

Ah the UP.... It has been really crappy down here too, luckily it has not been snow, that is just slightly north of us, just cold and rainy since Sunday. I hope you get a warm stretch soon!

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 04-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #8
Pharmguy
Recipes 

Its a wopping 45 here in the detroit area but no snow. Good news Yooper is that the wings will win another tonight

Old 04-21-2009, 01:15 PM   #9
bsruther
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

We usually have two or three decent snows over the winter but, we've also had times where we had snow dumped on us in late march.
Our weather is supposed to be in the 80's by saturday. The crabapples and redbuds are in full bloom. It will probably turn to crap and rain steadily into early summer. Last spring and summer were just too nice to have it repeat itself. Hang in there, it's coming.
The last time I was in Mich., it was late spring and I remember it being beautiful, with really blue skies and crisp clean air. Kind of flat though.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #10
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2732 Times on 1639 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Yeah I've been thinking about you all snowed in up there...if it's an comfort, we are supposed to get some snow down here late tonight, but we are also supposed to have 70 degrees this weekend so go figure...

Sounds like a good time for a rip roaring druck...and maybe even druck dialing your friends....

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply