Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Darn DIY projects!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2010, 10:31 PM   #1
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 510 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default Darn DIY projects!!

So, we just ordered all the materials to convert our back porch (300 sq ft) into a sun room kinda thing. Glass doors all round, bamboo floor etc. I'm not really looking forward to doing the work, but I AM looking forward to sitting in it. Also, we just bought a small antique desk that I have to restore so that I can do my work from home at it in the new sun room. I'm not looking to restoring that either, but I AM looking forward to using it.

Anyways, we went garage saling today, and funnily enough we hit two in a row that had kegerators for sale. Neither were much good for the price, but I had thought of buying one just to put in the fruit cellar away from view as it was kinda tatty........THEN.....My wife......The one who is not over keen on my hobby. (I brew when she is at work just so she doesn't have to see me doing it)............She says "Why not build a bar?"

WTF!!!?? The voice in my head jumped in immediately. "Play this one calmly, you don't want to blow it, Trev" (I don't call myself Gnome in my own head) So I tell her that I suppose I could dedicate a corner to it, hide it inside some cabinets so you hardly know it's a bar. "No" she says. "I meant one with a sink and stuff, that you can walk behind. I want to be able to use that pub stuff they gave me when we were in England"

Wooohooo! So when I get the sunroom done, I get to put a bar in it!!

It has obviously not occurred to her yet that I will actually doing my day job within staggering distance of easy beer access, but I'm hoping it gets finished before she realises!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
Domminigan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I'm ecstatic for you! Build quickly!

"For beer, that's not what 'import' means. For beer, import just means better."

Old 07-10-2010, 11:45 PM   #3
Chudz
Recipes 

Woo Hoo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domminigan View Post
I'm ecstatic for you! Build quickly!
Hmm, mayhap her nefarious plan is to get the build done quickly through the use of the bar-type-carrot and then nix the bar build while laughing maniacally.

Chudz,

How much sudz could a Sudz Chudz chugz, if a Sudz Chudz could chugz sudz?

Beer: It's a glassful of Happiness!

Old 07-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
Laughing_Gnome_Invisible
Recipes 

Liked 510 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chudz View Post

Hmm, mayhap her nefarious plan is to get the build done quickly through the use of the bar-type-carrot and then nix the bar build while laughing maniacally.
Darn!!! I hadn't thought of that! ............You, sir, think like a woman!

I have to admit, her plan is working. I haven't stopped refining my plans for the entire project all day.

Quick Reply