Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Da## Meth Heads

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2012, 12:41 AM   #31
Zuljin
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3476 Times on 3188 Posts
Likes Given: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aschecte View Post
Oh my god when people come over my house and have to much homebrew that's what I do too to get them to shut up one finger to the forehead and push ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by PagodaBrewingCo View Post
sounds like homebrew
More and more all the time...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2012, 01:45 AM   #32
dkwolf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 171 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Meth is some seriously f'd up stuff... heck, over half of the ingredients used in the manufacture of it will kill you on their own... let's mix 'em all up, go through all kinds of crazy chemical changes, and then PUT IT IN OUR BODY!!!! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!

Ever been downwind of a leaking anhydrous ammonia tank? It'll water your eyes and take your breath away - even if it's just a small leak. And these guys will go driving down the road with an open 5 gallon bucket of the stuff on their back seat.

The thing that ticks me off the most about these high-society individuals is these mobile labs - far too often, they're off the beaten path in a public park. Make their crap, and then leave a HazMat scene for someone else to clean up. (I've been on our local FD for a year now; of the 12 hours of HAZMAT training I've gone through in the last month and a half, a good 2 hours of it has been nothing but meth labs. And we don't do anything above secure the scene for the regional HAZMAT team)

Old 09-24-2012, 03:53 AM   #33
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2672 Times on 2078 Posts
Likes Given: 328

I'm sure Breaking Bad is a great source of inspiration for meth cooks. My ex wife's father was a meth cook. He got busted cooking it in his motel room, and his mom bailed him out. While he was waiting to go back to court, he was caught cooking a second time after his girlfriend ratted him out. It's wonderful stuff. He was a great guy. I have a memory of him with a propane torch on low by his bedside in the motel, smoking a glass pipe, with a listening device on. Every once in a while he'd shush us up, and his eyes would dart around while he listened to god knows what. I was 19 at the time, and not much better than him, just younger. He did a year in county and 2 in rehab, and he's up to the same jive. Luckily I got out of it.

Old 09-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #34
iaefebs
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 605

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Luckily I got out of it.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #35
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1669 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 2846

A friend of my ex-girlfriend worked for a thinktank that saught to end the "war on drugs" or at least put an end to some of the more draconian possession penalties. THESE people couldn't form a definitive stance on meth, which I think really tells you something. Unfortunately it cannot be uninvented, and all efforts to stem the production and trade are like bailing out a boat with a collander.

The percentage of meth addicts who stay off the stuff for more than a year is in the single digits, and sadly it florishes in the lowest income areas that... sigh... dont already have access to crack cocaine.

In short, horrible stuff, and its sad and frustrating that you have to deal with people who arent really people anymore...

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 09-24-2012, 03:29 PM   #36
Pappers_
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 957 Times on 680 Posts
Likes Given: 2026

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
I'm sure Breaking Bad is a great source of inspiration for meth cooks. My ex wife's father was a meth cook. He got busted cooking it in his motel room, and his mom bailed him out. While he was waiting to go back to court, he was caught cooking a second time after his girlfriend ratted him out. It's wonderful stuff. He was a great guy. I have a memory of him with a propane torch on low by his bedside in the motel, smoking a glass pipe, with a listening device on. Every once in a while he'd shush us up, and his eyes would dart around while he listened to god knows what. I was 19 at the time, and not much better than him, just younger. He did a year in county and 2 in rehab, and he's up to the same jive. Luckily I got out of it.
Wow, congratulations to getting out of that mess - we can't always choose the hand we're dealt in life and it sounds like you had a rough one. Well done for going in another direction.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #37
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2672 Times on 2078 Posts
Likes Given: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappers_

Wow, congratulations to getting out of that mess - we can't always choose the hand we're dealt in life and it sounds like you had a rough one. Well done for going in another direction.
Thanks!

It's not something I'm proud of, but I'm proud to have it behind me.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:45 PM   #38
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1669 Times on 1167 Posts
Likes Given: 2846

what I dont understand, to be perfectly honest, is how anyone starts with meth these days. While we've all seen people who appear to be having a good time using all manner of drugs, the only thing we really see with meth is missing teeth, superhuman fights, and climbing the walls.

Stuff has the worst PR campaign ever, and people STILL start up on it.

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 09-24-2012, 04:56 PM   #39
rhamilton
Recipes 

Liked 64 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
what I dont understand, to be perfectly honest, is how anyone starts with meth these days. While we've all seen people who appear to be having a good time using all manner of drugs, the only thing we really see with meth is missing teeth, superhuman fights, and climbing the walls.

Stuff has the worst PR campaign ever, and people STILL start up on it.
Adderall.

20+? Million prescriptions. "Santa's Little Helper" helps get stuff done.

Then you can't recreate the amphetamine high and you try to get your own prescription. When the physician denies you, you go to meth. Or you don't have insurance and you go strait to meth.
Kegged: County Jail Pale Ale, AHS Anniv IPA, AHS Brooklyn Brown, Raspberry Wheat, Blood Orange Hefe, Ranger IPA clone (x2), Newcastle clone, AHS Irish Red, Centennial Blonde
Bottled: Session Series Belgian Saison, Apocalypso, Pecan Porter, DFH 90 Minute Clone, Apfelwein (x2), Wytchmaker Rye IPA Clone, Vienna/Simcoe SMaSH, Munich/Cascade SMaSH

Old 09-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #40
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1642 Times on 1235 Posts
Likes Given: 3007

As someone stated, it does counter-act an actual chemical imbalance,.....(in addition to making your teeth fall out)

Is adderall just a low dose of meth?

Quick Reply