Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Cool beer bars in Manhattan?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2012, 09:51 PM   #1
edm1602
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Cool beer bars in Manhattan?

I'm sure there are a ton, but can anyone recommend a cool beer bar with some quality selections in NYC (Manhattan)? My girlfriend is whisking me to the city currently and I had no time to preplan!

Primary #1 - Winter Warmer
Primary #2 - White House Honey Ale
Bottled - American Wheat Ale, Nut Brown Ale, Oktoberfest

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Wus67
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts

We enjoyed the Heartland Brewery. I can't remember where exactly it's located, but they had some pretty good house brews, tasty food and a nice Prix Fixe menu. Plus we were getting flights with eight 5oz glasses for $13. It was a good deal seeing as pints were $7. Wherever you go prepare for sticker shock on booze, we couldn't get a beer anywhere for under $7, and that was a few years ago. Also I'm not sure of the NYC location but the Dinosaur BBQ in Rochester and Syracuse both have a really good selection, and the food is damn good too.

“This is grain… which any fool can eat. But for which the Lord intended, a more divine means of consumption. Let us give praise to our maker, and glory to His bounty, by learning about….. beer.” – Friar Tuck

Old 09-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #3
eps2103
Recipes 

I've been to Blind Tiger (West Village) and Rattle n Hum (32nd St? near 5th Ave). Both had nice selections. Check their websites I think they list what's currently on tap.

Glen Ridge Homebrewers Association (NJ)
http://glenridgehomebrewers.com

Quick Reply