Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Cooking with Beer on last night's Hell's Kitchen.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2774 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3486

Default Cooking with Beer on last night's Hell's Kitchen.

They actually have a selection of beers to choose from including stouts, wits and I think I saw an IPA.

You can watch it on Hulu.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/266462/hel...miere_date-asc

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
Revvy

Recipes 

I think I might want to try doing a Lambic Marinated Duck's breast at some point.

I was thinkng I would have done a Welsh Rarebit with the wit (I've done it before) the corriander really works well with the cheese and mustard.

Obviously a dessert with the stout. Maybe a brownie and icecream with a chocolate stout reduction as a sauce.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 08-09-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
MyNameIsPaul
Recipes 

Liked 158 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
I think I might want to try doing a Lambic Marinated Duck's breast at some point.

I was thinkng I would have done a Welsh Rarebit with the wit (I've done it before) the corriander really works well with the cheese and mustard.

Obviously a dessert with the stout. Maybe a brownie and icecream with a chocolate stout reduction as a sauce.
The duck looked great! I was thinking dessert with the stout as well, or given enough time, some chili. (NO BEANS!) I always add beer to my chili, so maybe I'll try a stout at this years chili cook-off that I host. Hmmmm.....

See one melée of unruly people, and you've seen a maul.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #4
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsPaul View Post
The duck looked great! I was thinking dessert with the stout as well, or given enough time, some chili. (NO BEANS!) I always add beer to my chili, so maybe I'll try a stout at this years chili cook-off that I host. Hmmmm.....
Yeah, we have a thread with our beer chilli recipes on here. Mine has like 30 ingredients including my chocolate mole porter (or any chilli, or chocolate porter or stout) and 4 different meats.

I wonder what beer would be good to braise beef in?

Old 08-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
MyNameIsPaul
Recipes 

Liked 158 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Yeah, we have a thread with our beer chilli recipes on here. Mine has like 30 ingredients including my chocolate mole porter (or any chilli, or chocolate porter or stout) and 4 different meats.

I wonder what beer would be good to braise beef in?
I ripped off your recipe for our competition last year! (I think I may have posted in that thread) I substituted a pound of lamb for the beef stew meat, but other than that, it's yours ha! It was GREAT. The crowd ended up picking a white chicken chili. (Don't even get me started on how pissy I was about that!) We're doing it again this fall, I've already got the trophies ordered. I may go a little leaner on the chorizo this time as well.

I'm really rooting for Ben on Masterchef, although last nights team challenge had me scared for him. Total deer in the headlights in a commercial kitchen. He stuck it out though and rocked the hamachi station when they decided to switch. I thought it was hilarious to watch MC after watching HK, because the challenge they did on MC was sort of like a regular episode of Hell's Kitchen, but with a patient and understanding Gordon Ramsey (although still firm with them)

See one melée of unruly people, and you've seen a maul.

Reason: Gettin' my shows all crossed up!

Old 08-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
WildGingerBrewing

Recipes 

Liked 1959 Times on 1928 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I thought it was funny that Tommy kept coming back for more beer. Also, after the blue team won the challenge, Ramsey asked "Do you like speed?" Did anyone else here Tommy say "Meth or coke"? hahahaha

Quick Reply