Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Conversation at my mother's house...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #81
bernerbrau
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Consider us family.
Aw shucks. Wait a sec, this means I can start asking pointless favors of you guys. This could work to my advantage...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2009, 02:46 PM   #82
bernerbrau
Recipes 

Quote:
Dont ever forget that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!
Obviously, you've never met my wife.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:51 PM   #83
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2994 Times on 2948 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernerbits View Post
Aw shucks. Wait a sec, this means I can start asking pointless favors of you guys. This could work to my advantage...
And just like family we will find some excuse and not do anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 01-22-2009, 02:54 PM   #84
bernerbrau
Recipes 

Quote:
And just like family we will find some excuse and not do anything.
I can just feel the love overflowing here.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:07 PM   #85
Schlenkerla

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:

I say, "It's good. Nice and malty."

"MALTY?!" She practically screams. "It's not malty, it's hoppy!"

"Well there's definitely a hop character to it but it's definitely maltier in overall flavor. It's a barley wine, it's supposed to be malty."

"No, Derek. It's hoppy. I don't like malty beer."

And like that, the conversation was over. I wonder if there's any hope.
This reminds me of the those old Miller Light commercials. Less Filling / Tastes Great!

I live for the day when there is a Sierra Nevada Bigfoot commercial with the same argument.

Its Malty! / No its Hoppy!

BS Nano-Brewery

Primary: SNPA Clone, Apfelwein
2ndary: Empty
Drinking: Dead Ringer IPA, Ma Duece (50 caliber) - Malt Liquor, Cranberry Wheat
Next: Cali-Common, American Amber, Smoked to Helles

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 01-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #86
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2759 Times on 2710 Posts
Likes Given: 115

I wish I would have found this thread earlier. There are so many things I missed the chance to comment on. Lets see here. back to the beginning. All in good fun of course. Heck of a disclaimer eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
This rant was over as soon as you said your mom likes barleywine. That has to be one of the coolest mom's I know.
Yes, do not come in looking for sympathy because doesn't identify the flavor profile of her Barley Wine accurately enough. Most of us are lucky to have our parents taste our brews.

Quote:
I'm not entirely sure she knows what a pale ale is. As I said, she's a hophead, more or less exclusively so.

All in favor of dragging this thread right back off topic and talking about my marriage/Revvy dating my mom, now...
Wishing we would get back to discussing perverted men of the cloth getting with your mom speaks of a very troubling childhood and could explain some those rough times in childhood that helped develop your defense mechanisms.

Quote:
I am so appealing this. Also, if any of you asses are ever in Nashville, you are so not invited to hang out and drink at my place.
you can't appeal the revoking of a man card while saying "SO" about everything. This is how my 12 year old sister speaks. OMG he's SOO cute!"

Quote:
That's it, it is so on. I challenge all y'all to a brew-off. Tastiest beer (to be judged by an impartial panel) wins and gets to keep his man card.
Why is the guy who accidently turns Pale Ales into Barley Wines challenging anyone to a brew contest? Not to mention our ManCards are not in question here.

Quote:
Captain of the Academic Team, actually. I could probably out-trivia any one of you. Chicks dig dudes with glasses.
Chicks dig dude's with glasses is something you're mother invented the day you had to get glasses so you wouldn't feel so bad about being made fun of the next day in elementry school. Hot Chicks in adult life dig guys with glasses that also HAPPEN to have jobs that offer $20K raises

Quote:
Somehow this turned into Junior High all over again. You can all kiss my ass. I am now leaving to go have sex with my young, attractive wife. Good night.
you say as you walk away to read the newest harry Potter novel and your hot wife drives off to the club with her freinds.

Quote:
Obviously, you've never met my wife.
Oh we've ALL met your wife! haha ok, that was too much.

Quote:
I can just feel the love overflowing here.
That is the special love that only this forum can offer. It's like my group of friends. If we're not bashing you constantly and slamming you everytime you mess up at something, you're not really part of the group.
All in Brew Love.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #87
bernerbrau
Recipes 

Quote:
Chicks dig dude's with glasses is something you're mother invented the day you had to get glasses so you wouldn't feel so bad about being made fun of the next day in elementry school. Hot Chicks in adult life dig guys with glasses that also HAPPEN to have jobs that offer $20K raises
Dudes with glasses tend to become those guys with jobs that offer $20K raises. Mostly because we're intelligent (YES, I know myopia and intelligence aren't actually related) and sucked at physical stuff and had to pick something else to excel at. It has been my observation that as I grow older, my access to attractive women has increased substantially.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #88
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2759 Times on 2710 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Dudes with glasses tend to become those guys with jobs that offer $20K raises. Mostly because we're intelligent (YES, I know myopia and intelligence aren't actually related) and sucked at physical stuff and had to pick something else to excel at. It has been my observation that as I grow older, my access to attractive women has increased substantially.
Exactly. The attractive women have had their fun and need a stable life now. That is not a bad thing. You get the good looking respective ones without the drama of highschool.
I know my comments may have been harsh, but they're all to be taken as jokes in good humor. Except about the ALL of us meeting your wife. Maybe a little too much.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 01-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #89
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I wish I would have found this thread earlier. There are so many things I missed the chance to comment on. Lets see here. back to the beginning. All in good fun of course. Heck of a disclaimer eh

Yes, do not come in looking for sympathy because doesn't identify the flavor profile of her Barley Wine accurately enough. Most of us are lucky to have our parents taste our brews.

Wishing we would get back to discussing perverted men of the cloth getting with your mom speaks of a very troubling childhood and could explain some those rough times in childhood that helped develop your defense mechanisms.

you can't appeal the revoking of a man card while saying "SO" about everything. This is how my 12 year old sister speaks. OMG he's SOO cute!"

Why is the guy who accidently turns Pale Ales into Barley Wines challenging anyone to a brew contest? Not to mention our ManCards are not in question here.

you say as you walk away to read the newest harry Potter novel and your hot wife drives off to the club with her freinds.

Oh we've ALL met your wife! haha ok, that was too much.

That is the special love that only this forum can offer. It's like my group of friends. If we're not bashing you constantly and slamming you everytime you mess up at something, you're not really part of the group.
All in Brew Love.
As good as all that was, your avatar still creeps me the hell out!
Quote:
I was wrong

Old 01-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #90
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Except about the ALL of us meeting your wife. Maybe a little too much.
That was a joke? O'damn so I am the only one?

ok ok ok, im just going to go ahead and say sorry right now for that.
Quote:
I was wrong

Tags
classic, epic

Quick Reply