Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Cigar smokers can you give a rookie some advice?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 07:15 AM   #21
Mumbly
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan

Mumbly,

If you like a good hearty cigar here is a great one IMHO. The discription is perfect, not misleading at all. Of course if you already found a favorite then like me you probably won't switch out.

I just get jazzed about cigars and it's nice to share. I'm going to look up your Oliva V's right after I post this. http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm...-COFRADIA.html
Dan if you've never had a V you don't know what your missing, they are flavorful but not overwhelming. Next time it com to getting so smokes I will have to pick some of those bolivars up

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #22
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1860 Times on 1141 Posts
Likes Given: 2642

I don't think you'll be disappointed. They are a bit strong but man I just love them.

I read up on those Oliva V's and they sound delicious! What site do you order them from? The one i went to, googled it, just described the cigars but i didn't see a place to buy them. I'm sure there was but i missed it somehow.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #23
Mumbly
Recipes 

Best price on them that I found is Atlantic cigar. This was my first time ordering from them, and the box will arrive on Friday. For a box of 12 double robusta tubos, was 74 to my door. Other then that, keep your eye on the monster, every couple of days a 5 pack will show up on the mash up, with free shipping

Old 08-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #24
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbly View Post
Best price on them that I found is Atlantic cigar. This was my first time ordering from them, and the box will arrive on Friday. For a box of 12 double robusta tubos, was 74 to my door. Other then that, keep your eye on the monster, every couple of days a 5 pack will show up on the mash up, with free shipping
Thanks Mumbly I'm going to certainly check Atlantic out. To be honest I haven't smoked much in the last year or so. Right now I have a handful of the Bolivar Confradia coronas and quite a few Romeo and Juliet 1875 Reserves.

The R&J's were a steal, almost litteraly. I did something bad, bad karma and wish I wouldn't have but I did. I went to the local PX on the military base I work at and they advertised a box 25 of them for 7 bucks. I picked it up, took to the cash register and they had to honor the price. It was an effed up thing to do and they aren't even that tasty to me. I think about the same time I bought them I took a hiatus from smoking.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:43 AM   #25
Mumbly
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan

Thanks Mumbly I'm going to certainly check Atlantic out. To be honest I haven't smoked much in the last year or so. Right now I have a handful of the Bolivar Confradia coronas and quite a few Romeo and Juliet 1875 Reserves.

The R&J's were a steal, almost litteraly. I did something bad, bad karma and wish I wouldn't have but I did. I went to the local PX on the military base I work at and they advertised a box 25 of them for 7 bucks. I picked it up, took to the cash register and they had to honor the price. It was an effed up thing to do and they aren't even that tasty to me. I think about the same time I bought them I took a hiatus from smoking.
Don't feel bad I haven't smoked much in the past year either, started craving them V's and nothing in the humi met my needs. Doesn't help that I've been a good boy trying to pay off them depts.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #26
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I think we're both going to have to reward ourself and smoke our favorite soon. Here's to our next cigar my friend!

Old 08-02-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
CastleHollow
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 90 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillbeer View Post
Please post up the forum.

Thanks,

- Destin
Destin, here ya go:

www.cigarasylum.com

Lots of good information on the cigar hobby and is filled with awesome members

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I read up on those Oliva V's and they sound delicious! What site do you order them from? The one i went to, googled it, just described the cigars but i didn't see a place to buy them. I'm sure there was but i missed it somehow.
My favorite vitola in the Oliva V is the lancero, it's a great smoke

Old 08-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #28
gratus fermentatio
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 723 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsamp View Post
I'm wanting advice on getting a cigar sampler pack. I'm not a smoker and somewhat recently picked up a $5 cigar simply out of curiosity. I thought is was really good and I actually enjoyed smoking it. I want to order a sampler pack online when I get paid on the 1st. I'm a little reluctant due to my lack of experience. Would the 2 below be good for a rookie like me? I dont really want to spend more than 30. Any you folks would recommend?

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product...80/pc/8378.uts

http://www.thompsoncigar.com/product...79/pc/8378.uts
While I actually quit smoking a few years ago, I used to enjoy a good cigar now & again. IMHO, you simply cannot go wrong with anything from Arturo Fuentes or Partagas. Best cigar I ever had was from Partagas, the wrapper was aged 18 yrs. That was a damned FINE smoke, problem was it was a $20.00 cigar & wasn't sold by the box.

I always enjoyed the Romeo y Julietta from Fuentes, though the 8-5-8 was a good, smooth smoke too; but the best I ever had from Fuentes was the Hemingway Signature. It's pricey, but when I was still smoking, I thought it was worth it.

I only ever smoked a cigar when I could sit down & relax, usually with a drink at my elbow. My fav time/place to smoke a cigar or a pipe was either the back porch/deck on a warm summer night, or in front of the fireplace (with a fire going of course) on a cold winter night.

Hope this info helps.
Regards, GF.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:44 AM   #29
Dan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

GF,

Your post is about ..what heaven is. IMHO

Old 08-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #30
Dixon
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdonnelly68

If all else fails, try the Macanudo line (great mild, entry level cigars).
This. Its what i started on.

And when you figure out you like cigars and like more flavor my favorite is a Hoyo de Monterey double maduro.

Quick Reply