Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Chit-Chat for Orrelse

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2005, 12:28 AM   #31
sudsmonkey
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

All this time......... I thought Wisconsin was CHEESE country and that beer came from St. Louis. See how much one can learn on HBT?

Newly Enlightened Monkey

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2005, 01:09 AM   #32
Dude
Will work for beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
A "Frankfurter" is a man from Frankfurt.

Come on man...don't blow smoke. We all know what a Frankfurter is.
Its something to do with lips and a$$holes and NOT someone crossing some river....MAN...and I'm not even a history buff.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 06-30-2005, 01:53 AM   #33
AlaskaAl(e)
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I'm Allen Reinhardt, a second-year brewer. I, too, am in the Air Force. I've been an F-15 Crew Chief for going on 9 years and I've been in Quality Assurance for the last year. I've been stationed at Langley, VA, Edwards, CA, and now at Elmendorf, AK. As all St. Louis natives I grew up on AB products, but have since refined my tastes. The Cardinals rule the baseball world, the Blues are the best team not to play this year, and the jury is still out on the Rams. I started brewing to save money (of all things) as beer is crazy-expensive here. I have absolutely fallen in love with home brewing and I soak this site up like a sponge every chance I get to pitch in my two-cent pieces and arm myself with every bit of knowledge I can get.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:05 PM   #34
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 82 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORRELSE
Come on man...don't blow smoke. We all know what a Frankfurter is.
Its something to do with lips and a$$holes and NOT someone crossing some river....MAN...and I'm not even a history buff.
...and I was trying to keep it clean....

Old 06-30-2005, 11:04 PM   #35
brewhead
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
i think it's pretty damn cool how we all come together, with a common goal to brew beer and gain knowledge of brewing. i'd get a kick out of meeting everyone and trying some of everyone's beer. talk about a hoot!
indeed pretty damn kewl.

Hi my name is brewhead. 40 years old. i work for a local mechanical contractor as an estimator/designer/IT. we cover most of the south east with jobs ranging from multifamily/commercial/light industrial. it's pretty fun but exasperating work but it feels so good when you can land a multi-million dollar job.

i got into brewing some time back - but have been a fan of beer ever since i first had a sip. i am not a beer snob by far - i am a beer enthusiast. i've never met a beer i didn't like. i'm not the pro like most of you guys are. my set up is very primative - but i have a lot of fun with it and it serves me well. i would like some day to graduate to a bigger ag system. most of my brewing consists of extract and partial mash.

i've been heavily involved with computers and now the internet. my first computer was an altair 8080. i was a fully liscensed internet broadcaster and helped pioneer many neat and useful technologies while casting for im radio. we promo'd many indie bands. then when the fees for the riaa/sesac/bmi/ascap et al became rediculous i turned in the golden microphone. i still sponsor a internet webcaster called BlueIceWater radio @ www.blueicewater.com if you dig blues.

on and on i could go..yadda yadda yadda

Last edited by brewhead; 06-30-2005 at 11:08 PM.

Old 07-01-2005, 01:25 PM   #36
DeRoux's Broux

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhead
i am not a beer snob by far - i am a beer enthusiast. i've never met a beer i didn't like.
i still sponsor a internet webcaster called BlueIceWater radio @ www.blueicewater.com if you dig blues.
well said brewhead!
and do i like the blues? I GOT DA' BLUES BABY! i'm check'n that site out pronto. Thank!

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Old 07-01-2005, 08:29 PM   #37
RogerN
Recipes 

This looks like a good idea.
I left the Royal Navy in October 04 after 23 years. I now work in the North sea on an Emergency Response & Rescue Vessel stood by a oil a platform.
I work a month about so I do a brew on my month off and then spend a month at sea worrying it hasn't carbonated etc.
My other hobbies include researching the soldiers from my town that died during World War One and painting model soldiers.
I live in Bedale North Yorkshire and am married with three kids.
My local beers are Theakston's and Black Sheep but at home I drink Belgian beers and my own of course.

Roger.

Czech proverb.

Old 07-01-2005, 08:52 PM   #38
DeRoux's Broux

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerN
I left the Royal Navy in October 04 after 23 years. I now work in the North sea on an Emergency Response & Rescue Vessel stood by a oil a platform.

My other hobbies include researching the soldiers from my town that died during World War One and painting model soldiers.
My local beers are Theakston's and Black Sheep but at home I drink Belgian beers and my own of course.
man, some of you guy's have cool sounding jobs. maybe a little cold, but sounds interesting

i'm reading a book right now called "The Destruction of the Bismark". i saw a documentary on public TV about the HMS Hood and the Bismark. i was hooked! another good read is "Shadow Diver's". true story of two commercial divers who find a missing U-boat of the coast of New Jersey. good read.

i dig Old Peculiar. i have a clone recipe, just haven't brewed it yet.

nice to know you Roger! Cheers!

Cheers!
DeRoux's Broux

Old 07-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #39
RogerN
Recipes 

It was so cool last trip it snowed for a while, in June .
I was talking to someone just yesterday who's uncle was killed when HMS Hood was sank.

Roger.

Czech proverb.

Old 07-04-2005, 04:20 PM   #40
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Do you happen to know the number of the U-Boat found off New Jersey? I've got a great book on U boats that has a directory of the boats lost in the back. Among other things, it lists Captain's name, Fate of boat ( operational loss, sunk, scuttled), Cause, Number of survivors , and number of dead. Sadly, that last column is far bigger than the previous one. I love military history almost as much as homebrew.

Quick Reply