*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Calling all Linux users...need help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2008, 10:27 PM   #11
Skins_Brew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I just installed xubuntu on my old laptop the other day and I am almost sold on it. I like windows xp and I am pretty good at using and configuring it but my newer desktop has vista, which blows. When my old laptop had XP, it was nearly impossible to keep vista and XP networked for very long (i use the vista machine as a print server). My main reason for not dumping vista was that I bought office for Vista and didnt want to buy office for XP, but after messing with openoffice, I am not really worried about it.

I Support My LHBS!! (Maryland HB)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2008, 11:31 PM   #12
CrazyToad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Okay, so the partition went easy, and Mandriva installed extremely easy. It took me all of 15 min to get everything set up. I'll have to play around with it for a while to see if I really like it or not.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply