The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Cable boxes from Hell...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 04:23 PM   #21
aygov
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 281

I'd go down to the local office and raise hell. Bring the boxes with you if you can because I can't imagine them not taking you seriously when you walk in with 6 cable boxes in tow.

If you get no joy from that I'd recommend the executive complaint center:

If you have been unable to resolve your Comcast problem after exhausting your local city's Comcast escalation process, you can escalate it to the Comcast Executive Complaint Center, and they will address your issue within 24 hours.
They can be reached at: 215-665-1700

They are listed as:
Comcast
One Comcast Center
Philadelphia PA 19103
(215) 665-1700

An alternative is to e-mail the Comcast Cares group at this email address: we_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 05:27 PM   #22
Airplanedoc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 275 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by aygov View Post
I'd go down to the local office and raise hell. Bring the boxes with you if you can because I can't imagine them not taking you seriously when you walk in with 6 cable boxes in tow.

If you get no joy from that I'd recommend the executive complaint center:

If you have been unable to resolve your Comcast problem after exhausting your local city's Comcast escalation process, you can escalate it to the Comcast Executive Complaint Center, and they will address your issue within 24 hours.
They can be reached at: 215-665-1700

They are listed as:
Comcast
One Comcast Center
Philadelphia PA 19103
(215) 665-1700

An alternative is to e-mail the Comcast Cares group at this email address: we_can_help@cable.comcast.com
You have clearly never dealt with the a$$holes at Comcast, our you would know the above is a bunch of BS. Comcast Cares -- thats the funniest think I have seen all day

Old 12-28-2012, 05:33 PM   #23
aygov
Recipes 

Liked 103 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanedoc View Post
You have clearly never dealt with the a$$holes at Comcast, our you would know the above is a bunch of BS. Comcast Cares -- thats the funniest think I have seen all day
Having been a Comcast customer for the last 8 years I'd beg to differ on not having dealt with them...

I was just reposting the info from a broadband site I have frequented. Some of the users there had good results when local offices and the 800 number drones were useless.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #24
whoaru99
Recipes 

Liked 124 Times on 101 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Primary: Edwort's Apfelwein
Secondary: Russian Imperial Stout
Drinking: Chinook IPA
Drinking: Waldo Lake Amber
Drinking: Edwort's Apfelwein

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #25
whoaru99
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDiver View Post
U...Week before X-mas I just happened to check because I knew the wife was expecting something in a day or two. Found a honey baked ham that someone had sent us. Damn thing could have been out there a day or two if I wouldn't have thought to check.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepDiver View Post
Don't read much do you?

So had no idea this was coming. I also get several packages a month from my office and they don't always tell me they are sending stuff. So must be great to be you and know about everything that affects you when no one has told you about it.

And maybe you track every package to the min, but when I have 10+ packages that my wife has ordered coming over a course of a week or two I don't bother tracking every one of them.
Actually, yeah. I noticed you conveniently left out the part immediately before and after which all runs together.

If the deliveries are causing a problem perhaps you should change the way you receive them.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #26
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4576 Times on 4482 Posts
Likes Given: 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamuus View Post
Comcast called me about a month ago and asked if i wanted to try some new faster Internet for like 5 buck a month. I said sure.

Week later a cable tv box shows up. Being a nice guy i drove down to the office, waited in line, explained i never ordered cable tv i have dish. Guy says the phone sales guys do it all the time to "make their numbers" Whatever.

A month and half later. Another cable box shows up. I swear and leave it sitting on the porch.

2 days later another cable box is sitting out there.

Today UPS just left another cable box.

So now i have 3 F-ing boxes sitting on the porch in the snow that i never ordered.

I do have internet thru comcast, but not cable tv and i never ordered it. Do you think i have to return these f-ing things or can i just throw them in the garbage ?? Its BS that i would have to take my time to drive to the office, haul these big a$$ boxes in and wait in line to return them again. I never ordered them last time and i sure as $hit didnt order them this time.

COMCAST YOU SUCK!

PS They keep sending them 2nd day air too and these arent little boxes either.
HA! I just spent half an hour this afternoon with a tech rep trying to get my owner-supplied cable modem working. Turns out the a-holes who set up my account and sold it to me also lied right through their teeth when they told me my account would be active immediately and that I could connect my modem.

NOPE! Comcast is sending a "Self Install Kit" with a modem in it. Until I have this kit and modem, I can't install my own modem. I'll also have to send the unused modem back to them. WTF? This sort of crap is why I left Comcast in the first place. I cannot believe they are still this inept and inefficient.

Mmm, hot and wet beef.-marubozo

Get rich or get sandy trying...-AZ_IPA

Old 12-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #27
whoaru99
Recipes 

That's very strange. Usually, connecting an unregistered/unprovisioned modem brings up a self-registration web page where you put in the modem's information and your account information and away you go.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:38 PM   #28
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 4576 Times on 4482 Posts
Likes Given: 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoaru99 View Post
That's very strange. Usually, connecting an unregistered/unprovisioned modem brings up a self-registration web page where you put in the modem's information and your account information and away you go.
Yep, that's what the sales people told me. Then this tech support person says I need all the crap in the self install box to get started so they "can close my work order and activate the account"...

WTF!?

Yeah, send me a modem I've already told you I don't need and a bunch of cables and crap I ALSO told you I don't need, before you'll start taking my money.

Mmm, hot and wet beef.-marubozo

Get rich or get sandy trying...-AZ_IPA

Old 12-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #29
whoaru99
Recipes 

The "self install" packages I've seen (not Comcast, but Charter) were little more than a CD or DVD that will install some totally unnecessary crap on your computer (like add ons to your browser, and maybe some of their utility software), instructions, and the modem with cables.

I've done a couple of those for friends and never used any of the setup materials. Just connected up the modem, booted up the computer, opened the browser and put in the necessary info on the self-registration screen.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:22 AM   #30
Airplanedoc
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 275 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 73

I just switched to commiecast, with my own modem and had none of that. I gave tech support my serial number, mac address, etc and they put it right on no self install kit or anything,

Quick Reply