Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Buying a Wii. Need advice!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #101
greencoat
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is where strategy comes in. The Blue Shell can be avoided but must be planned for in advance.
You'll need a mushroom (red or gold). Once the blue shell gets above your head and makes it's turn to come straight down on you, use the mushroom and blast out from underneath it. It's heat seaking-ness stops once it make that 90° turn down toward you. Unfortunately, it seems that once you're in first place, you ONLY get bananas from blocks. SO you need to have a mushroom stored for when you hit first place.
+1 The AI in that game is relentless, too. Mario Kart DS was easy as hell, but the Wii's is out of hand. Almost as bad a Mario Kart 64 (racers magically vanishing from the back of the race, then spawning right behind you.)

[/awesome]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 08:04 PM   #102
Arkador
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is where strategy comes in. The Blue Shell can be avoided but must be planned for in advance.
You'll need a mushroom (red or gold). Once the blue shell gets above your head and makes it's turn to come straight down on you, use the mushroom and blast out from underneath it. It's heat seaking-ness stops once it make that 90° turn down toward you. Unfortunately, it seems that once you're in first place, you ONLY get bananas from blocks. SO you need to have a mushroom stored for when you hit first place.
I prefer to keep bananas when i am in the lead, you can use them to block incoming red and green shells. the shield of circling shells is the ebst when in the elad tho.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #103
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2814 Times on 2759 Posts
Likes Given: 124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkador View Post
I prefer to keep bananas when i am in the lead, you can use them to block incoming red and green shells. the shield of circling shells is the ebst when in the elad tho.
Right but they're useless against the dreaded Blue Shell!

can we all repost MarioKart numbers in this thread? There was another thread where like 3 people did, but none of those 3 people have ever been on and it's so much more playing against people you "know".
Mine is 4339-5467-8314
Yes I'm a nerd and have it stored as a contact in my phone. You never know when you'll meet a fellow Mario karter!

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Quick Reply