Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > The Brewstand that almost was rant

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Magic8Ball
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Default The Brewstand that almost was rant

This is a slow building rant:
I have been eyeing a Blichmann top tier brewstand for sometime just waiting to get the money roll fat enough. I am getting close. I need about $300 more. This morning I get a email from a brew supply distributor saying I can have 20% off ANYTHING for the next 3 days! There is not the usual ad. There is no fineprint with disclaimers and exclusions. No lawyer speak at all. The skies open and you can hear the angelic voices start singing, "gonna get a BLichmann, Gonna get a BLichmann!" Thats like $180 bucks off this brewstand. So I leap into action, one last hurdle. I get the misses on the phone and sweet talk her to an inch of her life. I tell her what I am doing and to my shock, she green lights me. Woot! FTW YES GOAL!

I can't wait for lunch to go order. I am drooling and configuring at the same time, I get the brewstand just so. Estimate shipping. K-wrap, shipping is another $80. Oh well, screw it. too far along now to stop. Enter the promo code and I get an error message, "promo code not valid". What? Its just a glitch, right? I hit the chat button. And then it happened. It was explained to me that ANYTHING is not Anything. Sorry, no Blichmann products on the promo. @#%$!(@.. No Soup for YOU! What a kick to the nut sack. From shiny Blich-a-bling-bling brew sculpture to Lucy pulling the football out from under me. I am the proverbial Charlie Fing Brown here.

What I have learned is that sometimes Anything IS NOT Everything! Rant over.. I need a beer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
mikescooling
Recipes 

Liked 215 Times on 163 Posts
Likes Given: 193

You need a nap.

Old 07-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #3
Magic8Ball
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Thanks for the advise

Old 07-20-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Order it anyways and say shipping was a little higher than expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."
Magic8Ball Likes This 

Quick Reply