Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Boycott stores on Thanksgiving day.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #61
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
But this is the way of the world. As dark and difficult as their plight might seem to you, we have it good compared to times past and places distant. I just returned from China, where most of the country works ridiculous hours for laughable pay. There are 750 million of them.
True. This IS really a first world problem. Except here in Detroit, where it is like the third world for a lot of people.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 03:42 AM   #62
rs4life
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steber View Post
I also would like to point out to everyone who says they work other jobs on Black Friday and Thanksgiving and such.. yes, good for you. So you're an RN, You get to see a bunch of morons with 3rd degree burns from turkey fryers, people who carved their hand and not the turkey, etc.. Are you getting bum rushed, pushed, swore at, shoved out of the way, had objects thrown at you, or any other form of belittlement? Consumers are down right A$$HOLES on thanksgiving/black friday. THAT is the worst part of black friday to me. I just want to track down the place of employment of some of the belligerent people and act a fool in their work place and see how they like it.
But I used to love getting yelled at because we didn't get 30+ Sony HDTV's when I worked at Target...now I'm an RN and I get yelled at daily! Retail does suck and I am thankful to not have to do that anymore.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:45 AM   #63
kh54s10
Recipes 

Liked 628 Times on 535 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudbuster View Post
I liked this post! But it's not uncalled for. There are many Christians who are totally offended by Revvy's avatar, not to mention previous ones.
Still it is off topic and abusive and KEEP IT OUT OF MY THREAD.

I could also say I am offended by your avatar. I'm not but I could!

Old 11-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #64
mccumath
Recipes 

Liked 198 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by steber
I also would like to point out to everyone who says they work other jobs on Black Friday and Thanksgiving and such.. yes, good for you. So you're an RN, You get to see a bunch of morons with 3rd degree burns from turkey fryers, people who carved their hand and not the turkey, etc.. Are you getting bum rushed, pushed, swore at, shoved out of the way, had objects thrown at you, or any other form of belittlement? Consumers are down right A$$HOLES on thanksgiving/black friday. THAT is the worst part of black friday to me. I just want to track down the place of employment of some of the belligerent people and act a fool in their work place and see how they like it.
Yeah, I did my time in Retail prior to my career choice. Nothing like working for a giant retail sports store and loading pool tables/hockey tables, selling guns, etc. on T-Day. I did not care for it either, and made considerably less money. People are assholes, including patients in the hospital, who can be much worse than the normal consumer. Its all retail, hospitals make money like any other business, and they are good at it, regardless of who has to work on holidays.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #65
sudbuster
This ain't my first rodeo....

Recipes 

Liked 273 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
yeah, I hope that hate keeps you warm......
Well, sir, there's no hate here, just an utter disdain for impertanence and self- aggrandizement, notwithstanding the beliefs and feelings of others. And you have the audacity to call yourself "Revvy"

Old 11-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #66
steber
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4life View Post
But I used to love getting yelled at because we didn't get 30+ Sony HDTV's when I worked at Target...now I'm an RN and I get yelled at daily! Retail does suck and I am thankful to not have to do that anymore.
Not going to lie, when I was in a selling department it was my guilty pleasure to tell people who stayed in line for hours that we no longer have any left.

I love watch people act immature, doesn't make it right for them to act that way. Yet it sure is intriguing to wonder what causes people to act like that over such meager things. I guess thats why married an anthropologist..

Old 11-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #67
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2747 Times on 1648 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Quote:
Yeah But I have a hellalotta respect for you. I'm in the midst of a health crises with my 88 year old mom who fell 2 weeks ago. Broke her hip and now is in a rehab place....and might have to go into assisted living when she gets out. You're a godsend. I watch the nurses and others with her (she also might have sundwoner's syndrome and has evidently gotten abusive with some folks I guess) and the patience they have with the patients is amazing.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-15-2012, 03:50 AM   #68
kh54s10
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudbuster View Post
]Who said anything about boycotting Thanksgiving????"DO NOT SHOP ON THANKSGIVING DAY! That's a quot from your previous post. Maybe you are confused, but that's the definition of boycotting.
This may be the stupidest thing I have ever read! AGAIN who said anything about boycotting Thanksgiving.

I said boycott SHOPPING on thanksgiving day.

I AM NOT CONFUSED! It seems that you ARE!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 AM   #69
sudbuster
This ain't my first rodeo....

Recipes 

Liked 273 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh54s10 View Post
Still it is off topic and abusive and KEEP IT OUT OF MY THREAD.

I could also say I am offended by your avatar. I'm not but I could!
Yeah, but you opened the topic of THANKSGIVING boycott. Thanks to who? to Christ? My relies are pertinent to the topic of the holiday. Sorry my views offend your personal view.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:55 AM   #70
kh54s10
Recipes 

Quote:
My point is that you live in the US and have a choice of jobs. My mother put herself through school with a teenage daughter and myself (a young child) to become an RN while dealing with a deadbeat, alcoholic husband. People give up too easily and then bitch and moan ( I work with plenty of people like this) when they have to work a **** job, like retail (that I worked for years in). If you don't like your job then either butt-up and shut up or find a new job. Excuses have never made anyone have a better life.
This is not about retail as a career. It is about one half of one day where it is totally classless to open the stores!

And as I said, in my state it in not so much of a choice as the likely option to being unemployed!

Closed Thread

Quick Reply