Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Boycott stores on Thanksgiving day.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 AM   #51
sudbuster
This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 273 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
So were you offended by the movie Dogma, where I took it from? Methinks you just hate me......Oh well. No one else has been offended by it, at least hasn't said anything to me.

I like George Carlin.*shrug*

I learned a long time ago that the role of a minister is to comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable, and most of all....to get folks to think.
If you minister, it is not for Christ, but yourself..

Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 04:31 AM   #52
steber
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4life View Post
The revenue will be the same because all stores get limited quantities of hot items. People never understand that. All the good **** will be gone in an hour.
You'd be surprised, like stated earlier, we didn't open at the same time as other retailers. A majority of our products didn't sell, to the point of we have 30 door buster snowblowers, and only 3 of them sold. After black friday the company couldnt sell a majority of those items. We either had to send them back or clearance them out as they took up a majority of the warehouse space.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:32 AM   #53
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2774 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4life View Post
My point is that you live in the US and have a choice of jobs. My mother put herself through school with a teenage daughter and myself (a young child) to become an RN while dealing with a deadbeat, alcoholic husband. People give up too easily and then bitch and moan ( I work with plenty of people like this) when they have to work a **** job, like retail (that I worked for years in). If you don't like your job then either butt-up and shut up or find a new job. Excuses have never made anyone have a better life.
You and I are obviously blessed to have a "choice" of jobs. But not everyone. Some folks have to take the lot that's given them......Especially nowadays.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-15-2012, 04:32 AM   #54
sudbuster
This ain't my first rodeo....

Recipes 

Liked 273 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
I'll bet I'm the only one who knows your avatar. I'm not telling though. One thing's for sure, it's not you. Cheers!
Yeah, I ripped it.... But it kinda looks like me......

Old 11-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #55
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2774 Times on 1659 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudbuster View Post
If you minister, it is not for Christ,but, yourself..
yeah, I hope that hate keeps you warm......You must have missed the last post where I mentioned that in my current church, IN DETROIT, I barely get paid. I only get paid when I preach which is once every month or so (I'm only the ASSOCIATE Minister, the senior minister is lucky if he takes 100 bucks a week out of the collection, he's living on savings and social security right now and trying to make a go of an inner city church, with my help.) The rest of the time I put in, which is every Sunday, in some capacity, making coffee, or setting up the sound system or something like that, and being available during the week, and weekends to counsel, make hospital visitation, etc. I do for NOTHING. On top of working a 40 hour a week job so I can pay my OWN bills, eat, etc.

Yep...I serve myself alright.I work 40 hours + a week for pay, plus get up at 6 am on Sundays, AND sometimes spend my only day off which is Saturday in a hospital room with one of my congregants and their families if someone is sick. Yup, I'm really a selfish, self agrandizing satanist bastard alright, because I MIGHT just want to come on here and let my hair down, and be a little "irreverent" and talk about beer, and sex (which since I'm not Catholic I'm allowed to have with real women) and things like that...You know, be "HUMAN," a little bit. But I guess to you that's not "Appropriate" to such a perfect being as you, eh?

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Rev2010 Likes This 
Old 11-15-2012, 04:34 AM   #56
Punity
ECS 4 LIFE!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 276 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Can't we all just get along

screenshot_2012-11-14-20-32-31-1.jpg  
Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 AM   #57
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3686 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 3188

Quote:
Originally Posted by kh54s10 View Post
o

It is great that your daughter really likes her job and I don't have any problem with that. But, there are a lot of people who work in retail because there are not a lot of options out there. My state has the second largest unemployment rate. There are very few jobs available outside of retail and service.

Having retail chains open on Thanksgiving day for these Black Friday sales is a very new phenomenon. And it is not something that most employees have any choice about. If it were something where the employees could choose to work or to stay with their families I would be all for it, but it is not.
I don't have a cold heart. I do see that there are adults out there, with kids, that must choose to work on the holiday or lose the job they need. I do truly feel sorry for them.

But this is the way of the world. As dark and difficult as their plight might seem to you, we have it good compared to times past and places distant. I just returned from China, where most of the country works ridiculous hours for laughable pay. There are 750 million of them.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:38 AM   #58
rs4life
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
You and I are obviously blessed to have a "choice" of jobs. But not everyone. Some folks have to take the lot that's given them......Especially nowadays.
We will agree to disagree. I guess what it really depends on is where you live!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #59
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3686 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 3188

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudbuster View Post
Yeah, I ripped it.... But it kinda looks like me......
In case you're curious... click the pic. Yep, it's OT, but this topic is devolving quickly.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:40 AM   #60
steber
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I also would like to point out to everyone who says they work other jobs on Black Friday and Thanksgiving and such.. yes, good for you. So you're an RN, You get to see a bunch of morons with 3rd degree burns from turkey fryers, people who carved their hand and not the turkey, etc.. Are you getting bum rushed, pushed, swore at, shoved out of the way, had objects thrown at you, or any other form of belittlement? Consumers are down right A$$HOLES on thanksgiving/black friday. THAT is the worst part of black friday to me. I just want to track down the place of employment of some of the belligerent people and act a fool in their work place and see how they like it.

Revvy Likes This 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply