Bloody'ell

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex_wilkosz

Reaction score
Champaign, IL -9 degrees today. -32 w/ windchill currently

BLAST THAT IS COLD! and I can feel it all over! Guess ill warm myself up with a brew

I moved from MD to Georgia.

It's 64F warmer than it is in IL right now!

I sure don't miss winters in the north.

We had -45 here on Tuesday morning raw temp..no idea what it was with wind chill. We usually don't concern ourselves with windchill when the average low has been -23 for January. Haven't been above -10 in about 3 days.

Couldnt get a picture in time for the -45...but this is was mid morning

Cold38.jpg

Having a drink to warm up is an illusion. The alcohol dilates your blood vessels, drawing more warm blood from your torso. You feel your own warmth better because there's more warm blood near the temp nerves in your skin.

Problem is, your body heat is also dissipated to the air faster. Outside long enough, and you'll die of hypothermia faster. So have your drink by the fire, and don't go outside afterward.

Do you have special additives for your automotive fluids?

-45F ... what the crap

wow.. its a heat wave in Champaign today!! I woke up to -18 before the chill in Bloomington/Normal

-27° in Aurora this morning. -47° with windchill. Might reach 1° above today - darn near tropical.

Pretty darn cold here, too, about 10 with a -2 wind chill. In a few hours, I get to walk from Grand Central Station to Madison Square Garden, about a 20-minute walk. Should be fun.:mad:

But not nearly as fun as the walk from MSG back to GC at around midnight. Brrrrr.

Pretty darn cold here, too, about 10 with a -2 wind chill. In a few hours, I get to walk from Grand Central Station to Madison Square Garden, about a 20-minute walk. Should be fun.:mad:

But not nearly as fun as the walk from MSG back to GC at around midnight. Brrrrr.

its called a cab...maybe for the ride back. i dont know how much they cost

25 now at 2:30 in the afternoon here in NJ. House is 78, woodstove ripping. It's too hot, but I like to keep the house temp up until I go to bed. With a woodstove, everything is warm- walls, floor, etc. I let it go out overnight, last fillup is about 11:00 pm. Furnace comes on at around 3 am, start again with the stove at 7 am. I used to set an alarm clock and get up in the middle of the night to fill it, but thats a PITA. Tomorrow is supposed to be the coldest day in about 12 yrs here in NJ .

-9F?

SO f'cking what?!

Windchill windschmill!

Bunch a southern pussies!

-9F is pretty warm here Jan.-February.

-25F This morning. A bit cooler tomorrow.

Bite me! Get of F*cking coat ya pansies!

-9F?

SO f'cking what?!

Windchill windschmill!

Bunch a southern pussies!

-9F is pretty warm here Jan.-February.

-25F This morning. A bit cooler tomorrow.

Bite me! Get of F*cking coat ya pansies!

-9° is cold, but when you get a 30 mph wind blowin' at you and no trees to stop it, try saying windchill windschmill

windchill windschmill!
windchill windschmill!
windchill windschmill!

Try living in a valley between mountains where the arctic cold settles and the wind whips through!

Get some damn long underwear!

Or move to a more mamby pamby climate!

:grumpyoldcodger:

Do you have special additives for your automotive fluids?

-45F ... what the crap

Other than some diesel, no additives. Unleaded will still burn at near -100F. Some types of diesel will freeze or gel up at -20, but you wont find those types up here.

I just plug it in and my autostart will start my car every 2 hours and run for 20 minutes when it is in the cold weather mode. Works nice.

I love the cold!!!!

My house is too warm now, so I'm in shorts and T-shirt. Went out to get the mail, and lingered outside. BEAUTIFUL.

I'm probably going to go for a walk tomorrow'.

Damn, -45F? I pulled my jacket out of the closet when it hit +45F....

I may be a wuss, but I am a warm wuss... :D

How are all you kids doing today? Keepin warm?

Well it has warmed up about 5 degrees so far this morning from when I first got up.

Yup, now it is only -30F

Again, windchill windscmill, I don't even bother finding out what that is, regular reading is low enough for me.

:D

Back