Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Blog seeking article help

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2008, 03:41 PM   #1
Brewpastor
Beer, not rocket science
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts

Default Blog seeking article help

I am working on an article for Zymurgy's special Gadget issue. I will be posting my progress via the blog and would appreciate some editorial help.

I am adding the first draft of the intro here as a taster:

I recognize the whole idea of a jacketed, stainless steel, conical fermenter for home brewing is ridiculously over the top. It is neither practical nor necessary. But honestly, sense when has practicality really been part of the equation? “The Practical Brewer” indeed!

"Gadgets" - for some of us the word is synonomous with "obsession". The very word gets the creative juices flowing and sometimes an idea comes along, sweeps you up and won’t let you go. My garage is a testament to the allure of all things stainless. But a jacketed fermenter?

For me it started with a simple on-line contest. The prize was a gift certificate from Toledo Metal Spinning. An internet wave took me there, but the brewing gods sowed the seeds of obsession, and so a quest was born.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
BigKahuna

Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 6

It is an honor to be around you guys. HBT members really do set the standard for Excellence in Brewing.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #4
blacklab

Recipes 

Liked 36 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Reads nicely so far. I'll head over to your blog and check it out.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:58 PM   #5
Brewpastor
Beer, not rocket science

Recipes 

Small changes:

I recognize the whole idea of a jacketed, stainless steel, conical fermenter for home brewing is ridiculously over the top. It is neither necessary nor practical. But honestly, since when has practicality really been part of the equation? “The Practical Brewer” indeed! "Gadgets" - for some of us that word is synonymous with "obsession". My garage is a testament to the allure of all things stainless. But a jacketed fermenter?For me it started with a simple on-line contest. The prize was a gift certificate from Toledo Metal Spinning. An internet wave took me there, but the brewing gods sowed the seeds of obsession, and so a quest was born.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:01 AM   #6
Brewpastor
Beer, not rocket science

Recipes 

More changes in BOLD below:

I recognize the whole idea of a jacketed, stainless steel, conical fermenter for home brewing is ridiculously over the top. It is neither necessary nor practical. But honestly, since when has practicality really been part of the equation? “The Practical Brewer” indeed! "Gadgets" - for some of us that word is synonymous with "obsession".

My garage is a testament to the allure of all things stainless. But a jacketed fermenter?For me it started with a simple on-line contest. The prize was a gift certificate from Toledo Metal Spinning. An internet wave took me there, but the brewing gods slammed me into the reef of no return, and so my quest for what is possibly the most impractical brewing gadget of all times was born.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:04 AM   #7
summersolstice
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 16 Posts

At this point it is over the top. Hell, I'm trying to justify a conical for my mead. I have a long way to go for jacketed as well. I'll be interested to see the article.

Quick Reply