CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1613 Times on 1137 Posts
Likes Given: 2697

Default Blizzard

Well, the North-East is supposed to get slammed again. New England, and especially the states of MA and RI are looking at 2+' ouch. We here in NYC are looking at more like 2-4 inches. Thats the difference between hot cocoa and blizzard sex with your person and turning into Jack Nicholson from The Shining.

Below are a few thoughts:

1) helping your neighbor shovel can garner good-will.
2) I really hope there is an announcement on NY1. Not because I want to see or hear Bloomberg but because I need another Lydia Calis fix. When my beloved Christine Quinn is mayor (I have officially called it) I hope Lydia stays on.
3) Hey dillweed! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH 12 LOAVES OF BREAD?!
4) Every year I tell myself "no James, you arent going to go out in the cold to help push that guy out of his parking space. *Rubber spinning on ice sound* NOPE not my problem he shouldn't be driving in this anyway. *Sad wheels spinning on ice sound* Dammit I'll put some pants on"... cut me a break and stay home.
5) Don't leave animals out in the snow, unless your pet is a polar bear or a team of sled dogs.
6) Blizzards are when I drink ice cold BMC. I put the six packs or cases out on the porch directly in the snow. I have been doing this since I am 21 years old, and I dont forsee decorum or good taste stopping me now. It is up to you to forgive me or deal with it in your own way.
7) My old landlord used to shovel and had a glass and a little bottle of scotch. He used to throw a handful of snow into the glass and pour the scotch over it. I appreciate the THOUGHT of this, but it is still so wrong so many ways. Dont do it... unless you live in Montana... go ahead knock yourself out in Montana.
8) DO NOT GET IN A DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE WITH YOUR SPOUSE DURING A FREAKING BLIZZARD!... seriously... if I hear one more time that emergency vehicles werent able to get to an actual emergency because they were already dispatched to a shoving match between John Q. Pubgoer and his dumpy wife I think I am going to burst a blood vessel.
9) If you use your oven to heat your house/apartment (assuming every other heat source fails you), for the love of God, BE CAREFUL!
and finally:
10) You New Englanders must really really love New England. My hats off to you for sticking it out when only your head and shoulders stick out.

*sigh* it will pass

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

People Like This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 03:35 PM   #2
Evan_L
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Screw a blizzard, was planning to finally do my first AG this weekend. I shall not be stopped, as long as I can keep the burner lit i'm goin for it, blizzard or not! All shoveling and no brewing makes Jack a dull boy.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
kblankenship11
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I'm brewing Saturday and doing a polar plunge on Sunday. I'm a glutton for punishment...

Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #4
Varmintman
Recipes 

Liked 653 Times on 409 Posts
Likes Given: 820

Bummer man about the snow. Great list and I agree with pretty much all of it except the bottle of scotch. I just do not drink the hard stuff anymore

Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #5
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Bring it on, I don't care. I've been following this weather scientist on Facebook ever since Sandy and he's predicting at most 6" for NYC, which is nothing. My wife and I got married in a blizzard and now we might be celebrating our anniversary in one. They don't phase me, although I miss my Wrangler every time it snows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
2) I really hope there is an announcement on NY1. Not because I want to see or hear Bloomberg but because I need another Lydia Calis fix. When my beloved Christine Quinn is mayor (I have officially called it) I hope Lydia stays on.
I really hope you are wrong on this one, no offense. Although it is certainly a long shot, my cart is hitched to a particular former PD chief who tells me he has DeBlasio's assurances that he will be appointed commissioner if DeBlasio wins. So guess how I'm voting?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #6
GrogNerd
Why must it always be pandemonium?
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 867 Times on 602 Posts
Likes Given: 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan_L View Post
Screw a blizzard, was planning to finally do my first AG this weekend. I shall not be stopped, as long as I can keep the burner lit i'm goin for it, blizzard or not! All shoveling and no brewing makes Jack a dull boy.

we have this poster in our media room, along with movie posters from Blair Witch Project, Pulp Fiction, Shaun of the Dead, The Crow and Broadway posters of Jekyl & Hide, Wicked and Evil Dead: The Musical

"Why must it always be pandemonium?" - George Mueller/Nelson Van Alden

"Beer. Good." - Words of House Grog

drinking: Maibock, DB8Point IPA Clone, Belgian Wit, Rain Delay IPA, Wojtkowiak Piwo, CLB's Barleywine, 8Hearted Pale Ale, O'Rob's Dry Irish Stout, DB8PT Session Ale, Wojtkowiak Grodziskie - bottle conditioning: Otto M. Gourd Pumpkin Barleywine, Jewel Thieves Apple Wine, CLB's Barleywine 1.2

Old 02-07-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Bring it on, I don't care. I've been following this weather scientist on Facebook ever since Sandy and he's predicting at most 6" for NYC, which is nothing. My wife and I got married in a blizzard and now we might be celebrating our anniversary in one. They don't phase me, although I miss my Wrangler every time it snows.

I really hope you are wrong on this one, no offense. Although it is certainly a long shot, my cart is hitched to a particular former PD chief who tells me he has DeBlasio's assurances that he will be appointed commissioner if DeBlasio wins. So guess how I'm voting?
Can we both, however, agree that a New York City where Lydia Calis is signing during mayoral speeches is a happy NYC?

You are more likely to have a threesome with members of the Japanese women's curling team whilst spinning a plate on your head than you are likely to screw up a batch of JAOM.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #8
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 838 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Who is Lydia Calis? Is she on NY1? I have FiOs now so no NY1.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:05 PM   #9
CreamyGoodness
Grows On You Like Yeast
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

She's Bloomburg's sign language translator. You can see her in all the Hurricane Sandy addresses on the left of the screen.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #10
Thunder_Chicken
Recipes 

Liked 657 Times on 461 Posts
Likes Given: 178

Our local forecast is ranging all of the way from 4 inches up to 24 inches, depending on where the rain/snow line lands. Whatever we get, it will be wet and heavy.

I'm still waiting for my next batch of malt & grains to arrive so I can't brew if we get snowed in. I've got beer in the fridge, books from the library, gas in the car, and a gas stove so we can cook even if we lose power.

Punxsutawney Phil is a pampered, useless rodent who needs to be exterminated with extreme prejudice.

Quick Reply