Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Blackberry Storm

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2008, 08:08 PM   #1
hostileNabusive
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Blackberry Storm

Anyone else excited for this phone? or has anyone else heard of it?

It's coming out on Friday and up until the begining of last week they hadn't even announced when it was going to be released.

I've been eligible for an upgrade for awhile now and have anxiously awaiting this phone, my first blackberry!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #2
friarjohn
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I just got the brochure from verizon...looks cool but im not sure if i would like the touch screen...i have the lg envy...im due for an upgrade also....may have to check out all the new options.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #3
chainsawbrewing
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 8

i have a nextel blackberry 7100i

it's currently the only blackberry nextel offers, and it's a dinasaur. it has an external antenna, and is HUGE. like almost 1990 huge.

i used to love my blackberry, now i wish it would just die. sometimes, it's nice to be able to use the excuse, "aw man, no i haven't checked my email yet today". not so with the BB. as far as my work and SWMBO is concerned, i'm ALWAYS available, and accessable, 24/7 via direct connect, cell, BB messenger, email, or text.

my advice, don't get one. and while your at it, cancel all your email addresses and move intothe everglades and sell your cars and raise alligators.

my bar build

Old 11-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #4
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Liked 2798 Times on 2745 Posts
Likes Given: 122

It looks cool but my big concern is that the only thing they can think of to market about it is the fact that the buttons click. I mean seriously, is this the best feature of the phone???

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Old 11-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #5
akamatt
Recipes 

I have the BlackBerry World, Pearl, now the Curve. I have loved all 3 and cant wait till I can get the storm. thats my 3 cents

Old 11-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts

How about a brewing phone?

Wouldn't it totally kick a## to have a phone that was an immersible hydrometer, PH and coversion reader, had built in recipe software, thermometer, and could be used as a burner to heat strike water?

These super technology phones might be great for some people, but I seriously am expecting that an amazing phone will come out someday that will do everything, but they will forget to put the phone in it.

Make Beer, Not War.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #7
chainsawbrewing

Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKBrew View Post
How about a brewing phone?

Wouldn't it totally kick a## to have a phone that was an immersible hydrometer, PH and coversion reader, had built in recipe software, thermometer, and could be used as a burner to heat strike water?

These super technology phones might be great for some people, but I seriously am expecting that an amazing phone will come out someday that will do everything, but they will forget to put the phone in it.

i can't remember what it is, some book i read in my youth, or some movie, i'm sure someone here will know, but it was a major kick ass watch, that did like eleventy billion things, except for tell time.

my bar build

Old 11-19-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
thakoolaidkid
Recipes 

I've been looking forward to this phone for months. Verizon sent me a brochure saying because I was VIP (read, 'you spend over $79 a month) that I could buy it on Monday. That of course wasn't true and now I need to wait for Friday. But I called around and only about 50% of stores in CT will have it Friday and those stores are opening early and expecting crazy lines. Idk if I'm gonna wake up for it or not, I have to decide.

1st batch (Bottled): Brooklyn Brown Ale clone
2nd batch (Bottled): Spiced Winter Warmer Ale
3rd batch: hmmm...

Old 11-19-2008, 07:09 PM   #9
ColoradoXJ13

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

I really do want one, I have an Ipod touch and totally love it (does WiFi) but Verizon is the only company with really decent coverage in Colorado so I won't switch to AT&T to get an iPhone. So I think I will go with the Storm if it ends up being anything like an iPhone. My current LG 'stupid' phone has randomly just started turning off in my pocket, and I have 4 more months until my 'new every 2' comes up, so I may just have to bite the bullet and go with the storm. I may wait at least a few weeks to see if any major problems with it pop up.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:28 PM   #10
hostileNabusive
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
It looks cool but my big concern is that the only thing they can think of to market about it is the fact that the buttons click. I mean seriously, is this the best feature of the phone???
I'm not completely gonna vouch for this feature but according to the hands on video I've seen, it works really well and cuts down on a lot of erroneous typing that touch screens have problems with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chainsawbrewing View Post
my advice, don't get one. and while your at it, cancel all your email addresses and move intothe everglades and sell your cars and raise alligators.
Or maybe just I'll move to the abandoned house at the end of the street, start calling myself "Boo Radley", and raise cats instead.

Quick Reply