Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   General Chit Chat (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/)
-   -   Blackberry Storm (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f19/blackberry-storm-89327/)

hostileNabusive 11-18-2008 07:08 PM

Blackberry Storm
 
Anyone else excited for this phone? or has anyone else heard of it?

It's coming out on Friday and up until the begining of last week they hadn't even announced when it was going to be released.

I've been eligible for an upgrade for awhile now and have anxiously awaiting this phone, my first blackberry!:rockin:

friarjohn 11-19-2008 04:05 PM

I just got the brochure from verizon...looks cool but im not sure if i would like the touch screen...i have the lg envy...im due for an upgrade also....may have to check out all the new options.

chainsawbrewing 11-19-2008 04:14 PM

i have a nextel blackberry 7100i

it's currently the only blackberry nextel offers, and it's a dinasaur. it has an external antenna, and is HUGE. like almost 1990 huge.

i used to love my blackberry, now i wish it would just die. sometimes, it's nice to be able to use the excuse, "aw man, no i haven't checked my email yet today". not so with the BB. as far as my work and SWMBO is concerned, i'm ALWAYS available, and accessable, 24/7 via direct connect, cell, BB messenger, email, or text.

my advice, don't get one. and while your at it, cancel all your email addresses and move intothe everglades and sell your cars and raise alligators.

IrregularPulse 11-19-2008 04:17 PM

It looks cool but my big concern is that the only thing they can think of to market about it is the fact that the buttons click. I mean seriously, is this the best feature of the phone???

akamatt 11-19-2008 04:20 PM

I have the BlackBerry World, Pearl, now the Curve. I have loved all 3 and cant wait till I can get the storm. thats my 3 cents

McKBrew 11-19-2008 04:29 PM

How about a brewing phone?

Wouldn't it totally kick a## to have a phone that was an immersible hydrometer, PH and coversion reader, had built in recipe software, thermometer, and could be used as a burner to heat strike water?

These super technology phones might be great for some people, but I seriously am expecting that an amazing phone will come out someday that will do everything, but they will forget to put the phone in it.

chainsawbrewing 11-19-2008 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McKBrew (Post 963842)
How about a brewing phone?

Wouldn't it totally kick a## to have a phone that was an immersible hydrometer, PH and coversion reader, had built in recipe software, thermometer, and could be used as a burner to heat strike water?

These super technology phones might be great for some people, but I seriously am expecting that an amazing phone will come out someday that will do everything, but they will forget to put the phone in it.


i can't remember what it is, some book i read in my youth, or some movie, i'm sure someone here will know, but it was a major kick ass watch, that did like eleventy billion things, except for tell time.

thakoolaidkid 11-19-2008 04:57 PM

I've been looking forward to this phone for months. Verizon sent me a brochure saying because I was VIP (read, 'you spend over $79 a month) that I could buy it on Monday. That of course wasn't true and now I need to wait for Friday. But I called around and only about 50% of stores in CT will have it Friday and those stores are opening early and expecting crazy lines. Idk if I'm gonna wake up for it or not, I have to decide.

ColoradoXJ13 11-19-2008 06:09 PM

I really do want one, I have an Ipod touch and totally love it (does WiFi) but Verizon is the only company with really decent coverage in Colorado so I won't switch to AT&T to get an iPhone. So I think I will go with the Storm if it ends up being anything like an iPhone. My current LG 'stupid' phone has randomly just started turning off in my pocket, and I have 4 more months until my 'new every 2' comes up, so I may just have to bite the bullet and go with the storm. I may wait at least a few weeks to see if any major problems with it pop up.

hostileNabusive 11-19-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IrregularPulse (Post 963806)
It looks cool but my big concern is that the only thing they can think of to market about it is the fact that the buttons click. I mean seriously, is this the best feature of the phone???

I'm not completely gonna vouch for this feature but according to the hands on video I've seen, it works really well and cuts down on a lot of erroneous typing that touch screens have problems with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chainsawbrewing (Post 963796)
my advice, don't get one. and while your at it, cancel all your email addresses and move intothe everglades and sell your cars and raise alligators.

Or maybe just I'll move to the abandoned house at the end of the street, start calling myself "Boo Radley", and raise cats instead.:p


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:59 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.