Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Black Friday

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #31
El_Borracho
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
Well I'm usually the last mf'er you'd see in line outside a circuit city at 4am, but there I was. We got there at 4 and the line was already around the front and side of the building, almost to the rear loading dock. Whaaaaat?

But we put on our coats and got in line, hoping that most of the fools in front of us were there for the el-cheapo $299 laptops. Me, I was in the market for a new TV. LCD. HD. And CC had a 42" Sharp Aquos for $799, normally $1,799. The store opened at 5 and we had to get in another line inside for the TV's. Never having gotten within 50 miles of a store on Black Friday before, I was really impressed at how organized CC was. They had special sheets for us that they handed us when we got into the TV line, and they marked the one we wanted so there was no confusion when we got to the register.

All in all, it was 2 hours spent in line for $1000 in savings. Worth it. We got one of the last ones. But now I know why they call it "Black Friday". A true "black" mark on our culture. Feels good to have gotten such a great deal, but I also feel sort of, um, dirty for having participated. Oh well. HDMI, here I come...
I bet you feel dirty, in a good way. Heh.. **** I would have caved in on my morals for that deal too..

5 gallon [US, liquid] = 640 ounce [US, liquid]

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply