BEST Horror Movies (poll to follow)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
House Of Wax??? Anyone....???? Anyone???

But honestly I really loved It (one of the first horror movies I'd ever seen, and that "everything floats down here" made me nearly wet myself (yes I'm that young)), Carnival of Souls, Nasfuratu, and Dawn of the Dead.

I love Nosferatu.

Great addition to the list.

The thing including the new one they just made which explains the start of the story.

......NEW ONE????????

[REC] and [REC]2 . The original Spanish ones not the bull**** US remakes. Both of those movies blew my mind! 28 Weeks later is one of my favs as well

They made english versions?????

People are so dumb.

cheezydemon3 said:
......NEW ONE????????

They made english versions?????

People are so dumb.

They have made a new one which is the start of the story before the original. Watch that, then watch the original again, it's good how they have done it. I rented it from iTunes.

loz114 said:
They have made a new one which is the start of the story before the original. Watch that, then watch the original again, it's good how they have done it. I rented it from iTunes.

Check out this film on iTunes:

The Thing (2011)
Matthijs van Heijningen Jr.
Action & Adventure
Released: 2011
193 Ratings

iTunes for Mac and Windows
Please note that you have not been added to any email lists.
Copyright © 2012 iTunes S.à r.l. All rights reserved

Sent from my iPad

Psycho
Spellbound
The Sixth Sense
The Exorcist
Silence of the Lambs
The Rite

Can you tell I don't like slasher flicks? I much prefer Hitchcock-esque horror films.

I second both Hellraiser 2 and Evil Dead 2. What about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre?!?!? the second and third ones were priceless. Who doesn't love the scene of the guy burning off pieces of his scalp with a lighter and coat and eating it.....beautiful stuff that!

Pretty much, yeah. But don't misunderstand. I just said I don't like them. You guys can like what you want.

Absolutely! I was just trying to understand. Some slasher stuff is so mindless that it is insulting.

[REC] was remade into Quarantine in the US - almost a direct copy.

[REC]2 went in a much different and interesting direction than Quarantine 2 - a direction that was quite surprising.

Odd.....

---- These scared the bajesus out of me as a kid ----
The Thing
Alien
Jaws
An American Werewolf in London

---- Some of my other favorites ----
28 Days Later
The Descent
The Fly
The Ring
Drag Me to Hell

EASY! easy!

Lol We will check it out! (or at least I will).

IT was poorly acted but made for TV, the book is insane.

Carnival of souls (check it out)

Nosfuratu - good point!

D ot D - on my list to see again.

Oh Cheezy, you of all people I expected to pick up on my heavy sarcasm. Please by all means don't check out this movie, two words should explain it all, "Paris" and "Hilton".

bniesen said:
American Werewolf in London. Best werewolf movie EVER!!

Indeed. Forgot this on my list. I had an argument recently with my friend on what was better above said movie and the howling.

Oh Cheezy, you of all people I expected to pick up on my heavy sarcasm. Please by all means don't check out this movie, two words should explain it all, "Paris" and "Hilton".

lol. Sorry! I will get my "dry sarchasm" meter re-calibrated.

Sorry gonna have to disagree I think dog soldiers beats it

Doh!

Started watching this and got de-railed.

*:off:The "on-demand" aspect of movies has SERIOUS drawbacks. We saw it first with the death of the tapes and the rise of the CDs.

Now if a movie doesn't grab me by the 10 minute mark, I sometimes click out and have something else playing before the minute is up, only later to hear that I missed a good one :(*

[REC] was remade into Quarantine in the US - almost a direct copy.

[REC]2 went in a much different and interesting direction than Quarantine 2 - a direction that was quite surprising.

I did not enjoy Quarantine 2. Maybe it's my hatred of Airports, or the movies itself, but I found it barely watchable.

Still need to see Rec 2

---- These scared the bajesus out of me as a kid ----
An American Werewolf in London

28 Days Later

Drag Me to Hell

Three great movies. I liked 28 Weeks later too. It caught a lot of criticism, but I think it was due to the original redefining the genre and being exceptionally awesome.

Drag Me to Hell is on par with all of Raimi's movie work in that it is awesome and well done on all fronts.

I think an honorable mention should go to Dracula. Not the Todd Browning version, the Francis Ford Coppola version.

It was the only one to stay true to the book.

I think an honorable mention should go to Dracula. Not the Todd Browning version, the Francis Ford Coppola version.

Nothing better than eating bugs in a jail cell. :D

Miss Lucy's suitors were so silly, stereotyped, and cartoonish it almost ruined it for me, but other than that it was overall well done, well cast, and, for the most part, well acted.

It had some fantastic actors: Anthony Hopkins, Gary Oldman,.....Keanu;)

It followed the book pretty darned closely.

Some of the scenes in dracula's castle were cinematically awesome.

Nothing better than eating bugs in a jail cell. :D

True that.

Miss Lucy's suitors were so silly, stereotyped, and cartoonish it almost ruined it for me, but other than that it was overall well done, well cast, and, for the most part, well acted.

It had some fantastic actors: Anthony Hopkins, Gary Oldman,.....Keanu;)

It followed the book pretty darned closely.

Some of the scenes in dracula's castle were cinematically awesome.

I think the book played them all off as stereotypes of themselves, so to that degree I thought it was dead on.

The repressed Victorian sexuality, the out right xenophobia, the impotence of the male characters (in satiating the lust of Lucy), were all fantastic standards of the era, and the literature up to that point.

All in all it the book was an excellent example of social phobias being exerted through cryptic analogy that was lost on a modern audience.

I disagree... in other words.

They were hokey in the book, I was glad they were not refined for the movie.

+1 for Night of the Living Dead and John Carpenter's The Thing (altho the original Thing From Outer Space would have beat it if it weren't for the last three minutes). I would also vote for Re-Animator and The Dunwich Horror.

I can't believe nobody brought up my all time favorite: Young Frankenstein.

But the most horrific movie of all time; A Very Brady Sequel. Just the sight of the marquee poster had me running from the theatre screaming.

.....OK Tex. I'll buy that.

Troll 2 has to be mentioned as by far the worst movie ever since it falls under the "horror" genre.

cheezydemon3 said:
.....OK Tex. I'll buy that.

Troll 2 has to be mentioned as by far the worst movie ever since it falls under the "horror" genre.

I have to disagree, troll 2 was at least watchable, any of the films featured on MST3K are much worse.

Back