Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Best beer stores in raleigh -- commercial beer selection, not homebrewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #11
stag
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Not sure if you're still in the area, peripatetic, but I wanted to second what everyone else said above, plus add The Busy Bee Cafe and The Pit as two more places with good beer selections (and damn fine eats, to boot). The Busy Bee actually hosted a Dogfish beer dinner with Sam Calagione last Friday, which was freakin' awesome. Also, Foundation carries only NC beers on tap, which is kinda cool.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #12
RedGuitar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stag View Post
Not sure if you're still in the area, peripatetic, but I wanted to second what everyone else said above, plus add The Busy Bee Cafe and The Pit as two more places with good beer selections (and damn fine eats, to boot). The Busy Bee actually hosted a Dogfish beer dinner with Sam Calagione last Friday, which was freakin' awesome. Also, Foundation carries only NC beers on tap, which is kinda cool.
Describing the Pit as "damn fine" doesn't even begin to describe their food. Best ribs in the world is a bit more accurate.

Nobody mentioned Tir Na Nog, one of my favorites.

I didn't realize there were so many Raleigh area brewers on here. I've been brewing for about 6 or 7 months now, and haven't really gotten connected to other brewers in the area. Is there a Raleigh brew club anywhere?

"I sit here and drink my good Wittenberg Beer, and the Kingdom of God comes all by itself." -Martin Luther

"Good men drink good beer." -Hunter S. Thompson

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply