*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Best beer along I40/I30

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #1
RedCossack
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Best beer along I40/I30

So the fiance and I are going to be taking road trip from Lafayette IN to Dallas TX. We know the IN beer scene, but are wondering what great places there are in Louisville KY, Memphis and Nashville, and Littlerock AR or points in between. Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 02:47 AM   #2
VinceF
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Yazoo in Nashville is good for a tour. Diamond Bear in Little Rock makes some good beers but I don't think they distribute outside Arkansas. Also in Little Rock I would check out Whole Hog Cafe for BBQ.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4507 Times on 3278 Posts
Likes Given: 883

We drive to S Texas every year, starting by going through Wisconsin.

There are a couple of beer places in north Arkansas (Fayetteville) but most of Arkansas along I40 and I30 seem to be dry counties besides! So, I think Arkansas is a bit of a beer wasteland, sorry to say. We always brought our own beer in a cooler in our car for overnight stays in Arkansas. I do love the BBQ and fried catfish around Hope, AR!

Old 06-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #4
VinceF
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Almost forgot, there's a relatively new distillery in Little Rock as well, Rock Town Distillery. It's right downtown off I-30.

Old 06-29-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
water2beer
Recipes 

Memphis has Bosco's brewpub. They make some good stuff. The owners also started ghost river brewery which make some tasty brews. Bosco's brews onsite and you can take some with you.

Quick Reply