Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Beer Related Professions.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
waskelton4
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Beer Related Professions.

Ok crew..

Help a fellow beer lover out!

I've gotten to a point in life where I MAY be ready for a change of career. (takes a lot to say that now that I realize it)

I live in Mississippi and the beer laws and culture here are waaay behind the times.

Aside from a Brewer or Resturant owner, what are some fairly standard Beer related professions that our state is probably lacking and in need of?

I'd briefly tossed around the idea of becoming a self proclaimed "Beer Consultant" but i'm not sure if anyone would go for that around here.

Any ideas?

thanks!
ws

BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!!

Primary - AHS Mild Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2007, 03:12 PM   #2
Ó Flannagáin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by waskelton4
Ok crew..

Help a fellow beer lover out!

I've gotten to a point in life where I MAY be ready for a change of career. (takes a lot to say that now that I realize it)

I live in Mississippi and the beer laws and culture here are waaay behind the times.

Aside from a Brewer or Resturant owner, what are some fairly standard Beer related professions that our state is probably lacking and in need of?

I'd briefly tossed around the idea of becoming a self proclaimed "Beer Consultant" but i'm not sure if anyone would go for that around here.

Any ideas?

thanks!
ws
I know a guy that did beer tasting tours and seemed to make good money off it. He would get a group of people to sign up and pay him, then he would sample 10 or 12 different beers with them and explain the differences in how they were brewed and how it impacted the flavor/nose/body/etc. He would also tell stories of the brewies and such. He had a great personality too, so that really helped.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply