Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Beer and guns

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 03:56 AM   #221
LouieMacGoo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I have a Nylon 66 also. I actually broke the trigger trying to strip it recently, so I'm taking it to a gunsmith soon. Mine is black. My father bought it in the 1970's while he was in the Army.
Check out our website. We have directions and videos to help you break it down and put it back together. Its not as hard as it seems. Also you might be able to find the parts you need from someone in the forum there. Good luck

Grab a brew and come chat with other brewers in the BeerBorg Taproom

A new place to gather and share your beer and brewing stories! BeerBorg Social

Worrying can spoil the taste of beer more then anything else! ~ Charles Papazian

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #222
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Big bump.

So I just got back from Seattle for my brothers wedding. Great time there, and Whistler, BC for some skiing. My brother and now sister in law got me a few holsters for xmas and bday. I got bladetech industries owb and level 2 holsters. I guess they don't make these for the sr9c, so they custom made them for me. I will have to get back to them on how I like them. But they are awesome, and can't wait to use them, outside my apt. (I work in mass so I can't carry there )

forumrunner_20130208_174441.jpg

forumrunner_20130208_174531.png

I also have 2 code red lowers on the way, probably another 3-4 weeks I'm guessing, I got in a group buy. Then I get to start building some AR's!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #223
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 473 Times on 418 Posts
Likes Given: 266

sweed, you get in on the 80% lower buy on NES?? I went for one AR10 and one AR15 and will be having a build party at my place. Also have a couple of synthetic .223/5.56 NATO lowers (looking to sell one). The one that I keep will be built into a pistol. I also, now, have a DPMS AR15 and Remington 870 Super Magnum (12 gauge). Plus all the firearms that were my father's (well, most of them anyway) are at my place now. Just looking for a place to take the DPMS AR out to so that I can sight it in. Got a 3-9x scope on it too (plus MagPul BUIS on a 45 degree cant).

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 PM   #224
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
sweed, you get in on the 80% lower buy on NES?? I went for one AR10 and one AR15 and will be having a build party at my place. Also have a couple of synthetic .223/5.56 NATO lowers (looking to sell one). The one that I keep will be built into a pistol. I also, now, have a DPMS AR15 and Remington 870 Super Magnum (12 gauge). Plus all the firearms that were my father's (well, most of them anyway) are at my place now. Just looking for a place to take the DPMS AR out to so that I can sight it in. Got a 3-9x scope on it too (plus MagPul BUIS on a 45 degree cant).
No, just the code red group buy. Once my crap with the ex is over (and she finally pays up) I'll be able to start buying some more parts. I'm guessing in 2-3 months? When is your build party? I saw that thread, but didn't want to get in until I knew exactly when I knew I would be able to start buying to build.
If you need a place to sight in (not sure how far you need?) You can be a guest with me, once all this snow melts.... Could be years, lol.
You got my #.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:50 PM   #225
Britinusa
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Here is mine
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 02-12-2013, 02:36 AM   #226
McBrewskie
Recipes 

Liked 302 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 121

Okay guys, gonna get a pump 12 gauge for ducks and putting a **** ton of rounds through busting clays. This thing is basically gonna be a banger, something that's completely reliable, but that I don't get all broken about if it gets a scratch. Narrowing it down to either the old standard Remington 870 Express, probably the super magnum, or the Benelli Nova. Thoughts?

Old 02-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #227
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBrewskie View Post
Okay guys, gonna get a pump 12 gauge for ducks and putting a **** ton of rounds through busting clays. This thing is basically gonna be a banger, something that's completely reliable, but that I don't get all broken about if it gets a scratch. Narrowing it down to either the old standard Remington 870 Express, probably the super magnum, or the Benelli Nova. Thoughts?
870 is a tank, no arguing that. But I prefer the feel of the Nova. Friend has one I've shot a few times, feels so much better in your hands and points much better than the 870.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 02-12-2013, 04:11 AM   #228
thatjonguy
Now with 57.93% more awesome!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 12 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 267 Times on 188 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBrewskie View Post
Try to find a used 870 Police Magnum, usually has cosmetic damage so you don't freak over a scratch plus the magnum receivers are great on those. They are built to be abused.

Make A Wish (bMAW) thread for brewery swag/merchandise!

Untappd: thatjonguy

Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 AM   #229
delta
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I love my nylon 66's....my dad passed a few my way over the years. One thing I learned (about 30 years ago) is to never take them completely apart unless you want to cuss a little bit.
Nylons are not easy to re-assemble.....but they are reliable.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:35 AM   #230
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 836 Times on 619 Posts
Likes Given: 1103

You're right about not taking them apart! Mine is in the shop right now.

Quick Reply