Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 472 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeister View Post
Nice score given the stupidity going on right now
Yeah, shocked me when I heard about the crap going on (I don't watch the news and crap like that )... I need to contact the shop I got them from to see if he has any more left. Might pick up another one, or two, to have on hand. Also reached out to a vendor of the uppers to find out what else I need to get, on top of one of their kits. Seems like it includes everything except a stripped lower receiver.

Right now, I plan on building up one complete AR. Not sure on barrel length (between 16" and 24") but I'll want a couple of option right from the start. Might go with a more standard (and lower cost) upper for the other receiver. Then, when I can afford it, I might get a different upper configured differently. Great thing about the AR platform is I can change the upper's around or switch out one for another, depending on what I want to do with them.

Hopefully the madness will go away and things will return to something resembling sanity soon. IMO, people need to get more twist resilient panties.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #202
DemonEagle
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Hi all....fellow beer and gun lover here.

Here are a couple of my favorites from the collection.

.45 Wilson Combat Supergrade

.45 Colt Defender Plus

Wildey .45 Winchester Magnum

Smith & Wesson .22

Old 12-26-2012, 02:38 PM   #203
Bensiff
Mind Your Business
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 293 Times on 237 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Scored a couple of AR lowers today (stripped of course) for a pretty good rate. Planning to get one upper soon and build up one.
Yeah, my wife is regularly reminding me that I'm supposed to be building her one before I can't anymore. I just don't want to go and fight the crowds as most of the folks running down to the gun shops are the type that don't have a clue how to handle a gun and start lasering folks and wasting everyones' time asking all the great questions like, "which one has more knock down power," "what machine gun should I get the AR or the AK," "how do I remove the magazine (while holding a bolt action with a floor plate)?" and so on and so forth...so, I'll wait and pick one up later.

Old 12-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #204
sweed
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post
Scored a couple of AR lowers today (stripped of course) for a pretty good rate. Planning to get one upper soon and build up one.
Where did you get these lowers from? I've been looking at a few places (I'm pretty sure all sold out), and we have a group buy feeling right now on NES. I hope that goes through because they're hoping to get lowers for under $100. I'm seeing stripped ones between $135-165ish and some others asking the moon for them.

I have a litttle extra right now, and contemplating on buying one, and then building one. I need to start buying mags now I guess just in case!

Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 AM   #205
morticus
Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweed

Where did you get these lowers from? I've been looking at a few places (I'm pretty sure all sold out), and we have a group buy feeling right now on NES. I hope that goes through because they're hoping to get lowers for under $100. I'm seeing stripped ones between $135-165ish and some others asking the moon for them.

I have a litttle extra right now, and contemplating on buying one, and then building one. I need to start buying mags now I guess just in case!
Good luck finding mags. I've been seeing pmags online selling for a lot of five between $200 and $600.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:34 AM   #206
Lushife
Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweed
They don't mix, but I'm sure a lot of us drink beer and shoot guns. Hopefully we do it in the reverse order. But I'm a newer gun owner. I love beer, and I love guns. Lets share our stories. My first is a Ruger sr9c, love it. I moved to NH because of the better gun laws than mass, lol.

If this violates rules of this forum, please delete.
Yeah that's why I would like to move to DE.
My mother got a shotgun and a case of wine Christmas.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:48 AM   #207
Golddiggie
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 472 Times on 417 Posts
Likes Given: 266

Quote:
Originally Posted by morticus View Post
Good luck finding mags. I've been seeing pmags online selling for a lot of five between $200 and $600.
Picked up a virtually un-used 20 round mag the same day (and at the same place) I got the two lowers. I'll be looking for some more 20-30 (or higher) mags over the next few weeks. While I only need the one, I'd like to have a few more for use.

BTW, the same place I got the two lowers from, is sold out and doesn't have an ETA on getting more. Really glad I grabbed two instead of just one.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 12-27-2012, 05:47 AM   #208
Tex
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by morticus

No joke. My local cabelas and cheaper than dirt were sold out. I hear CTD is asking $60 each for pmags when they do have them. The local shop by my folks place had 8 left, all desert tan and asking $50 each. My friend went to the gun show this weekend and said he couldn't find pmags anywhere. Makes me wish I had bought more when they were $10-12 at the guns shows.

Old 12-27-2012, 06:23 AM   #209
morticus
Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

No joke. My local cabelas and cheaper than dirt were sold out. I hear CTD is asking $60 each for pmags when they do have them. The local shop by my folks place had 8 left, all desert tan and asking $50 each. My friend went to the gun show this weekend and said he couldn't find pmags anywhere. Makes me wish I had bought more when they were $10-12 at the guns shows.
Same here!

Old 12-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #210
Stevo2569
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by morticus

No Sh!t!! Maybe I should sale a few of mine to fund the .22 conversion kit I want.

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire."
-David Rains Wallace

My Brewing Apparatus

Quick Reply