Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Beer and guns

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
sweed
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 110 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 34

They don't mix, but I'm sure a lot of us drink beer and shoot guns. Hopefully we do it in the reverse order. But I'm a newer gun owner. I love beer, and I love guns. Lets share our stories. My first is a Ruger sr9c, love it. I moved to NH because of the better gun laws than mass, lol.

forumrunner_20121104_000029.png

forumrunner_20121104_000114.png

If this violates rules of this forum, please delete.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
Zuljin
16%er
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3339 Times on 3084 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Beer and guns. Always a good combination. And you have to drink first. How else ya gonna make targets?

Now, I suppose one could wait a period of time between beer and guns. Say like an hour. Don't wanna get the cramps.

IrregularPulse Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 476 Times on 420 Posts
Likes Given: 266

I've owned guns for years. Grew up around them (father was a collector, NRA certified instructor and we shot competitions together) too. The pistol I have here at home is a Para Ordnance P14-45. With the mag pads I can easily fit 15 in each, plus one in the tube. I used to shoot competition with it, when living in Florida. I also recently moved to NH from MA. One of the reasons I moved up into NH was the gun (and knife) laws. MA is so damned restrictive on both of those. I'll see about taking a decent picture of the P14 later.

Not a great picture, but it does the job in a pinch.

This one has been modified, mostly inside, for accuracy, reliability and competition. With the extended safeties and releases, recoil suppression guide rod, variable recoil spring, and more, it's one sweet shooter. In competitions, I would get

p14-45_pic.jpg  

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 11-04-2012, 03:17 AM   #4
sweed
Recipes 

Eventually I'd love to get into competition, since that's my nature, but I need to go to a class first. I love the Sr9c because its got the 2 mags for 17+1, and 10+1 for concealment, as pictured. But I carry both.
Please get pics up asap. I was just at sig sauer today because friends were buying guns. I was jealous, and I think I found my next AR.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:21 AM   #5
FastAndy
Recipes 

Liked 152 Times on 120 Posts
Likes Given: 19

The SR9c is a great choice. It's been my everyday concealed carry gun for a couple years now. Very accurate, reliable, and the two mag sizes make it very versatile.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:30 AM   #6
Skagdog
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Had a XD stolen after a weekend trip with my kids. Back story: bear sighted at Chena Lakes Recreation Area, 300 yards from our camp site: 3 year old child stung by a bee; carried him in and rocked him to sleep (to ease his fear of outdoors); morning comes and my XD, K-bar, and Burbot bag are gone out of my Wrangler....I replaced it with a Sig 239. I have nothing bad to say about the P239 or the XD40.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:32 AM   #7
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Updated my first post with a picture... I have several high capacity magazines for my P14, plus a pair of 10 round magazines. I would use the 10 round mags to chamber a round when getting ready to run a stage in competition (would go into the back pocket after that) and have all my high capacity mags on my rig. I ran many rounds through that while shooting competition. Enough to show wear on the original alloy frame. After that I switched it over to a steel frame.

I need to find a decent range/club to join now. Got plenty of rounds I can reload too. Used to shoot 255 grain full jacket moving at 725-750 fps. They used to call them artillery rounds due to the weight. Still, I would knock down the heavy steel plates real easy. Plus I wasn't as beat-up as the guys using the super 38's.

Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Old 11-04-2012, 03:34 AM   #8
sweed
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie

Not a great picture, but it does the job in a pinch.

This one has been modified, mostly inside, for accuracy, reliability and competition. With the extended safeties and releases, recoil suppression guide rod, variable recoil spring, and more, it's one sweet shooter. In competitions, I would get
Looks like a great gun. Love the 1911 style, and you must carry jhp's as I see from the pics.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:37 AM   #9
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweed View Post
Looks like a great gun. Love the 1911 style, and you must carry jhp's as I see from the pics.
I have those in the 'carry' mags... Gun is setup so that it fires the lighter/faster JHP's just as well as the competition rounds.

One of the reasons I went with the P14 is due to my love of the 1911 style. My father's race gun is built on a single stack 1911. I need to get the safe to my new place, along with all the guns I inherited from him.

BTW, the hammer safety is ambi. Got the extended beaver-tail on there too along with the competition hammer and trigger. Custom trigger job done on it, so basically zero slack on it, with a nice pull that's not too heavy (or too light).

Fermenting
K1:

Old 11-04-2012, 04:48 AM   #10
Punity
ECS 4 LIFE!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 247 Times on 210 Posts
Likes Given: 50

Just got this Kimber Pro CDP II 45 also have a Beretta PX 4 storm for another carry.

forumrunner_20121103_224721.jpg  

Quick Reply